Jump to content

Isn't it nice


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Isn't it nice for once for a very long time we can sit back and enjoy a season of football for the right reasons.

 

Fans are allowed into football again.

 

The team is back and for the first time in a long time look interested. We have done our business and strengthened the team early, the manager has said his business is now finished we got everyone in for the first game of the season. 

 

Off the field the shirts were available to buy before the first game of the season, there was no bad press from points deductions, transfer embargos, chairman rants at the EFL, managers, players the media, the fans.

 

lets all take a breathe and enjoy it while it last. Here's to 3 points against Fleetwood Town and hopefully to a season of spending more games in the top 6 that the bottom 6.

 

Well done Darren keep up the good work.



 

Well said mate!


Credit also needs to go to everyone behind the scenes at the club too from corporate and sales through to community team and megastore / ticket office staff 

  • Like 3

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Isn't it nice for once for a very long time we can sit back and enjoy a season of football for the right reasons.

 

Fans are allowed into football again.

 

The team is back and for the first time in a long time look interested. We have done our business and strengthened the team early, the manager has said his business is now finished we got everyone in for the first game of the season. 

 

Off the field the shirts were available to buy before the first game of the season, there was no bad press from points deductions, transfer embargos, chairman rants at the EFL, managers, players the media, the fans.

 

lets all take a breathe and enjoy it while it last. Here's to 3 points against Fleetwood Town and hopefully to a season of spending more games in the top 6 that the bottom 6.

 

Well done Darren keep up the good work.

Great post, but you do realise when we lose a game there will be an element who will start to moan again.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

After the complete despair of last season I am absolutely delighted the club has managed to get things to where they are now in such a short space of time. To have this good a vibe, going into a season in L1 is extraordinary really. 
 

Maybe there will be some negativity creeping in if a few games are lost on the trot but it won’t be from me. We’ve set out to do things in the right way, and if there are a few stumbles then that’s absolutely fine. We’ve tried buying success and it was an abject failure. Now I feel like we are trying to earn it, which for me feels substantially more satisfying. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, George said:



Did DM do the kit deal too? He really is a latter day Eric Taylor. 

No but when you have had to wait until October in the past for the kit, for then all the sizes to be wrong, it was nice for the new kit to be available and also have a size guide with it. Its about getting the right people to do the jobs they are good at and macron make kits for a living.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Great post, but you do realise when we lose a game there will be an element who will start to moan again.

 

If the effort and quality is there for us to see and we still lose, then fair play.

 

They must be a good team to beat us on what we've seen so far.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

 

If the effort and quality is there for us to see and we still lose, then fair play.

 

They must be a good team to beat us on what we've seen so far.

Exactly for the first time in the last 5/6 years there's a genuine unity through the club as far as we can see. 

Nobody frozen out or off field shenanigans and distractions. It's so nice to focus on looking forward to a potential 3 point and a team playing as a team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Nilssons Shorts said:

Couldn’t we have done all this in the Championship though??

I suppose sometimes you need Ed something like getting relagated to force you to push the button. 

I remember someone saying we were slowly sleepwalking into relagation a couple of seasons ago and they were right. We were treading water in the championship, now we're rolling our sleeves up and dusting ourselves down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...