How Many Did the Blades take to Swansea?

23 hours ago, the third man said:

Any fans from any club that travel 500 mile or so round trip for an 8pm kick off, that is on TV need congratulating

I went to our cup tie down there which was live on BBC. 

I must have been mental. 

It was bloody freezing as well. 

On 16/08/2021 at 17:22, thewookieisdown said:

Not really. If you live in Sheffield, a train back from London is much easier. Plus, of course, lots of Sheffield football supporters live i or near London; rather fewer near Swansea.

The way to do a Swansea away game is to book a couple of nights somewhere nice on the Gower. Not a great option in August, however, and especially not this August

It’s 40 miles further, and an extra 30 mins drive ground to ground. I don’t know a single football fan who would say I’m not going there it’s another 30 minutes in the car. What if more Wednesday fans live north of Sheffield, in Barnsley or Wakefield? The argument about living nearer to London is a bit flimsy. 

13 minutes ago, Plonk said:

It’s 40 miles further, and an extra 30 mins drive ground to ground. I don’t know a single football fan who would say I’m not going there it’s another 30 minutes in the car. What if more Wednesday fans live north of Sheffield, in Barnsley or Wakefield? The argument about living nearer to London is a bit flimsy. 

Well, it's possible that my kids will end up living in Barnsley or Wakefield, but it doesn't seem all that likely.

Of course we have thousands of fans living in or near London - that's simply where loads of people go, for some time at least, to build our careers. Pretty much all through the 90s, when the fixture list came out I'd mark our London games in the calendar as possible ones to go to, and I doubt that's particularly rare.

On 16/08/2021 at 03:48, the third man said:

Any fans from any club that travel 500 mile or so round trip for an 8pm kick off, that is on TV need congratulating

Congratulating? Sure you didn't mean certifying?

• Haha 1