Jump to content

Andre Green Pt2


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, poite said:

From what I have seen I agree. 

 

It's funny how people are jumping on this "he's only played 2 games" nonsense. He joined us in the middle of last season and he's been mostly useless the entire time. 

 

Hope he picks up with some regular game time but if he doesn't there's others who will hopefully take their chance. 

 

Critising anything at the moment is a sin so unfortunately you'll be labelled a 'troll'.

 

I called the guy on the page before a troll because he was trolling.

 

Your opinion is measured, and doesn't take childish swipes at somebody who is trying and obviously really low on confidence. I think people respect that rather than being negative to the point of hyperbole to go like hunting. 

 

The type that come on and slate and slate somebody trying will be the same type of people who will spit their dummy out at work when they get the slightest bit of negative feedback themselves, guaranteed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

 

Which is right to highlight is performance 

 

He was completely the weak link in the side Saturday - everybody else pretty much raised the game 

 

Byers and Brown were much more effective and the team looked a lot more confidence moving forward that finished the game. 

He emphatically wasnt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh my god, Green shops at LIDL.

 

I like LIDL, but I don't like having to put a pound into the trolleys, how I buy crap from the the middle aisle that I don't need - and that I have to take all my shopping to the 'shame shelf' after I've paid because there's no room to pack your bags.

 

Supermarket reviews on Owlstalk.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, poite said:

From what I have seen I agree. 

 

It's funny how people are jumping on this "he's only played 2 games" nonsense. He joined us in the middle of last season and he's been mostly useless the entire time. 

 

Hope he picks up with some regular game time but if he doesn't there's others who will hopefully take their chance. 

 

Critising anything at the moment is a sin so unfortunately you'll be labelled a 'troll'.

Joined having being without a club for 6 months so needed time to build up fitness. Joined a team playing the worst negative football ever, Then picked up injuries as well. Hardly a reason to say he’s been useless is it.

Then we play 2 games with 6/7 new players all still trying to get to know each other. Does some good things as well as bad but against Doncaster wasn’t our worst player by any means. I thought JH and MJ were far worse.

Yet there is only a thread about Green !!

Give the guy some time before writing him off. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

He emphatically wasnt. 

 

Who was worse then? Let me guess - Johnson? Who's been here what, a week? 

 

Green missed an absolute sitter after making a dogs dinner of his first touch - he's not been here a few days, a week, a month. He's been here over half a year now with a full pre season and still looks a shambles. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

 

Who was worse then? Let me guess - Johnson? Who's been here what, a week? 

 

Green missed an absolute sitter after making a dogs dinner of his first touch - he's not been here a few days, a week, a month. He's been here over half a year now with a full pre season and still looks a shambles. 

More than one. Yes there might be mitigating factors but you said Green was the weak link on Saturday. He wasn't. 

I'm not going to get into the who because we're a new team bedding in and there's a really positive atmosphere at the moment which I don't want to contribute in dampening  I like what Moore is doing and trust his selections. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, poite said:

From what I have seen I agree. 

 

It's funny how people are jumping on this "he's only played 2 games" nonsense. He joined us in the middle of last season and he's been mostly useless the entire time. 

 

Hope he picks up with some regular game time but if he doesn't there's others who will hopefully take their chance. 

 

Critising anything at the moment is a sin so unfortunately you'll be labelled a 'troll'.

 

If you look at the minutes he's played, he's played around the equivalent 6 full games for us.

 

People are saying give the new signings 10/15 games to settle in and gel, but aren't extending the same to Green.

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

 

If you look at the minutes he's played, he's played around the equivalent 6 full games for us.

 

People are saying give the new signings 10/15 games to settle in and gel, but aren't extending the same to Green.

 


 

Yep

 

It’s absolutely pathetic 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, danko_owl said:

Certainly an improvement but still off the pace 



Darren Moore explained that the squad still isn’t fully fit hence why he’s subbed players when he has and why certain players are still rusty 

 

He says the players will get better as they reach peak fitness and match sharpness 

  • Like 2

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:


Darren Moore explained that the squad still isn’t fully fit hence why he’s subbed players when he has 

 

He says the players will get better as they reach peak fitness and match sharpness 

Unfortunately not good enough for some, it must happen immediately.

Looks like the decision has been made he's the new scapegoat 😳

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Unfortunately not good enough for some, it must happen immediately.

Looks like the decision has been made he's the new scapegoat 😳



Yep

 

And every single hater will deny they’re scapegoating him


Whilst scapegoating him 


And when he is dropped they will just go back to scapegoating Palmer 

 

Whilst denying they’re scapegoating Palmer 

 

Sad 

  • Like 3

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

He certainly performed better than Johnson and Wing on Saturday.  I can’t understand the hate. Totally illogical.

I agree that Johnson and Wing were disappointing too. But the difference is that Johnson set up a gilt-edged chance for Kamberi and Wing nearly scored with a blinding shot having set up the position himself. I can put up with players having poor games if I think they just might do something good like that. But I've seen Green make 14 appearances and I still haven't seen him do anything (ANYTHING) to make me think he's worth persevering with. Yes, he nearly scored but only after Wing had put him in acres of space, bearing down on goal. He miscontrolled it but that somehow bamboozled the defender allowing him to get a shot away. The stats say he only made 8 successful passes on Saturday but was also dispossessed 4 times and miscontrolled it 3 times. And there are people on here saying how much better he was than usual.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Key point is that whoever we play (including Green) we need to play to their strengths in order to get the best out of them.  
 

With Green you need to play the ball to him on the floor so he can run on to it and attack the opposition.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, davetherivelinowl said:

I agree that Johnson and Wing were disappointing too. But the difference is that Johnson set up a gilt-edged chance for Kamberi and Wing nearly scored with a blinding shot having set up the position himself. I can put up with players having poor games if I think they just might do something good like that. But I've seen Green make 14 appearances and I still haven't seen him do anything (ANYTHING) to make me think he's worth persevering with. Yes, he nearly scored but only after Wing had put him in acres of space, bearing down on goal. He miscontrolled it but that somehow bamboozled the defender allowing him to get a shot away. The stats say he only made 8 successful passes on Saturday but was also dispossessed 4 times and miscontrolled it 3 times. And there are people on here saying how much better he was than usual.

He showed signs of why Moore picks him.

Most definitely  played better than the two you mentioned. IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, davetherivelinowl said:

I agree that Johnson and Wing were disappointing too. But the difference is that Johnson set up a gilt-edged chance for Kamberi and Wing nearly scored with a blinding shot having set up the position himself.  


Green got himself into a one on one with the keeper and nearly scored 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:



Yep

 

And every single hater will deny they’re scapegoating him


Whilst scapegoating him 


And when he is dropped they will just go back to scapegoating Palmer 

 

Whilst denying they’re scapegoating Palmer 

 

Sad 

As a fan base we sadly do have our share of ass clowns.

Since I’ve been watching them, we always seem to have a scapegoat.

Pembridge

Nuihu

Brunt 

Palmer

Green

Fox

Megson ( yes it did happen)

Sterland ( early days)

 

To name a few, nobody though got it anywhere near as bad as Chris Morris though.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...