How many games do you think we'll lose this season?

In the league?

None? 5? 6? 10? 12? 

I have no idea, but there's a genuine feeling of positivity around the place at the moment, and it's grand.

Here's my plan: Predict how many games we will lose this season, then you're not allowed to moan and whinge until we've lost at least half of them. No targeting of players, just because others are, a la Fox in the past (we all know who this seasons no.1 target is). None of the usual grumping about managerial tactics, eg 'square pegs in round holes', 'no plan b', 'too late with the subs', 'doesn't know his best 11', etc etc etc. 

You have to get behind them until they've lost half (at least) of your predicted losses. (Then you can have a moan 🙂

We've got a right chance of going up this season. I would have said you were nuts if you'd said that to me 6 weeks ago. 

Let's get behind them. Let's make, and keep, Hillsborough  a magic place to go, rather than what has been over the last couple of seasons. Come on Wednesday. We've got a chance...

I'm going negative as every thing from then on is a positive (and I also don't want to look a complete idiot at the end of the season when I say we'll go unbeaten and end up finishing 14th...

So I think we'll lose 44 games this season.

• Haha 1

20 mins in against Huddersfield, the bloke in front was moaning, pretty loudly, about 'same old Wednesday, nowt changes' etc.

I just don't get.

Seen some very decent atmospheres on TV this weekend. We've got a chance of getting some very good crowds over the next few home games. 

We've got a cracking young team, the likes plenty have been calling for for a good old while. 

One of my favourite ever games at Hillsborough was against Blackpool in this league, 1-0 down at half time. Something just clicked amongst the fans, and they literally roared them on to a win. 

When I take my young un, I want her to experience an amazing atmosphere, the type I grew up with. The buzz of excitement, rather than loads of people sat round reading their phones as kick off approaches. I've sat through plenty of horrible games and times, when I've barely watched what was happening due to the utter poo served up. But we're not there now, there is a lot to get behind. 

No moaning until we've lost at least half the games you predict us to lose! :biggrin:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Like you, I have no idea.

Not sure where we go from here in terms of your plan, really.

:duntmatter:

I'll choose for you. 10 games.

You're not allowed to moan in any way, about anything, until we've lost at least 5 games.

6 minutes ago, S26 Owl said:

I'm going negative as every thing from then on is a positive (and I also don't want to look a complete idiot at the end of the season when I say we'll go unbeaten and end up finishing 14th...

So I think we'll lose 44 games this season.

This works. You can't moan about anything unless we lose 22 games. We're going up. 

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I reserve the right to moan about this f*cking thread.

:duntmatter:

🤣

You can only moan about it when you've said at least 10 positive things about it. 

Actually, eff it, 20

Lets get the positivity flowing like a flood. It will be like a tide that cannot be turned, a river that cannot be made to alter course.

When you say something positive, I'll quote it, word for word, at the mardy effer in the seat in front of me. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Otley Owl said:

🤣

You can only moan about it when you've said at least 10 positive things about it. 

Actually, eff it, 20

Lets get the positivity flowing like a flood. It will be like a tide that cannot be turned, a river that cannot be made to alter course.

When you say something positive, I'll quote it, word for word, at the mardy effer in the seat in front of me. 

1340664696_SuicideBear.gif.b00cb21c7ea8a45facd6d7db1f9b0220.gif

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Some people seem to be getting a bit, dare I say ‘arrogant’. This is still a tough league. Remember we got 4 points in the first two games last season but finished rock bottom!

Lets review this thread after ten games or so.