The experience

Didn't go today but could do with a bit of feedback on the experience. I've got a four-month-old and have been steering clear of crowded places for the most part to be on the safe side. We're keeping an eye on Covid numbers etc and making judgement calls on what is and isn't the right kind of environment to be in without risking getting it too much.

I am thinking of going on Tuesday, steering clear of the crush for loos at half-time and hanging back to avoid the exodus at full-time. But has anyone else noticed anything that has been done to aid the experience of those like me who aren't convinced enough to head to Hillsborough yet? Anything that would make me think twice about going on Tuesday? Have they changed the way queueing is administered or anything similar?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Get to the game.

The feel good factor & the atmosphere today more than outweighs any risk.

Not getting preachy but assume you aren’t ancient if you’ve got a young un, so don’t want to downplay the risk to certain ‘categories’ but not really getting the big ‘risk’ thing at this stage of the pandemic for anyone else.

I had the virus and wasn’t great but not as bad as losing to the pigs. My lads had it, ages 30 ish & had a sniffle. 

We are moving to normality thank Christ & S6 is back to its normal, rocking, non ‘social distanced’ best.

Get down to the game, things are happening, but don’t expect masks & everyone standing aside &  making way for each other.

• Like 3

Attendance will be lower on Tuesday, I'm guessing about 19,000 so should find it easy to find seats well away from others if feeling a bit unsure. 

Everything seemed normal on kop today though I didn't go around back at half time.

Suppose it depends on the stand you go in. 

I was on The Kop today and no different to normal.  Usual scrum going into the toilets and round the main food kiosk at half time. 

As you have said though you can put your own measures in with regards arrival time, seat location and toilet visits.  Wings of South are usually quiet as is back corner of Kop. 

Personally having been to Tramlines, a nearly full Headingley and back in a busy office full time had no reservations but was surprised by the lack of masks on show.  Think I only saw a couple.  

Hope you make it Tuesday and enjoy the new Wednesday. 

1 minute ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Idiotic post.

Why?

Or is it you just don’t agree with my post?

You sound like one of those social media warriors who if anyone disagrees with them they suggest they are ‘re-educated’ because they don’t agree with their ‘truth’.

Ps Did you bother to read as far as “I don’t want to downplay the risk to certain categories”?

Pps I have noticed you have become a bit of a voice for the extreme lockdown fraternity so not expecting a reasoned response.

• Like 9

Just now, bigthinrob said:

Why?

Or is it you just don’t agree with my post?

You sound like one of those social media warriors who if anyone disagrees with them they suggest they are ‘re-educated’ because they don’t agree with their ‘truth’.

Ps Did you bother to read as far as “I don’t want to downplay the risk to certain categories”?

Pps I have noticed you have become a bit of a voice for the extreme lockdown fraternity so not expecting a reasoned response.

Your ignorant dismissive and immature attitude to Covid is idiotic.

Unfortunately others have had this attitude.

And wtf is extreme lockdown

I just believe in following lockdown rules.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Your ignorant dismissive and immature attitude to Covid is idiotic.

Unfortunately others have had this attitude.

And wtf is extreme lockdown

I just believe in following lockdown rules.

Wow, I’ll answer in order.

Extreme lockdown is seeking zero COVID as per Australian , New Zealand & various advocates over here.

Nobody at S6 today was breaking “lockdown rules”.

Regarding “attitude”. There is no “ attitude”, it’s just that it doesn’t slavishly follow yours.

• Like 9

Couldn’t go as ticket not arrived. Might have queued several hours for a printed ticket when bought my first in 1961, not now. The club strongly advised wearing of face masks except when eating and drinking - what percentage were wearing masks? At my age I still need to be careful. If the supporters are following the club safety advice, I may go down on Monday to get a ticket printed for Tuesday night. 

9 minutes ago, Aingarth said:

Couldn’t go as ticket not arrived. Might have queued several hours for a printed ticket when bought my first in 1961, not now. The club strongly advised wearing of face masks except when eating and drinking - what percentage were wearing masks? At my age I still need to be careful. If the supporters are following the club safety advice, I may go down on Monday to get a ticket printed for Tuesday night. 

Genuinely didn’t see one person wearing a mask either in the club shop or the ground. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Wow, I’ll answer in order.

Extreme lockdown is seeking zero COVID as per Australian , New Zealand & various advocates over here.

Nobody at S6 today was breaking “lockdown rules”.

Regarding “attitude”. There is no “ attitude”, it’s just that it doesn’t slavishly follow yours.

I never wanted extreme lockdown, so stop making up nonsense

I never said anyone broke rules so see aboce.

I think your attitude is nonsense