Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

But with the squad we have we would be better doing. Take the game to the opponent 

No we wouldn’t. If we play two up top that would be two in midfield. We’d get battered and overrun!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

We got overrun by the donny midfield with 3 first half yesterday.

With 2 up top we give them something to think about 

I see you’re the good old 1990’s 4-4-2 guy! It’s outdated mate. No decent teams play it and for good reason. Games nowadays are won in the midfield battle. It’s an ok formation if chasing a game but otherwise no way. I think you find that Darren will NEVER start a game like you’re suggesting 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

We got overrun by the donny midfield with 3 first half yesterday.

With 2 up top we give them something to think about 

Not in the second half. Personnel was wrong not the formation 

Looks a good player. Hold up play is good, has that aggression about him and his off the ball movement with that little bit of pace about him will cause teams issues. 

Shame we didn’t play the first half another 5/10 yards up the pitch like we did the second half as he wouldn’t have been as isolated. Him and Gregory will rotate really well! 

Kamberi will look better once the whole team moves 20 yards further up the pitch

Wasn’t until Byers was introduced did we start to commit players forward

If we commit a few more players forward then I could see us blowing a few teams away this season

1 hour ago, stocksyuto said:

Goals come from inside forwards these days look at firmino he’s crap but he gets a few goals and assists because he’s got 2 class wide players that link up with him well

Yes I mentioned similar yesterday, it will be interesting to see us play with 3 actual forwards as the front 3. e.g. Sow, Kamberi, Corbeanu. Rather than Johnson or Brown on the left side.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Not in the second half. Personnel was wrong not the formation 

Kind of agree,  but with the right personnel i could see us being ok with a midfield 2.... ie if Bannan is played further forward.

Not writing off the formation but i think the big thing ive noticed so far is we are leaving the forward far too isolated. Id like them to remedy that by playing 2 up top

4 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

Goals come from inside forwards these days look at firmino he’s crap but he gets a few goals and assists because he’s got 2 class wide players that link up with him well

He's not crap - he's just not a traditional 'number 9'.

He likes to drop deep, pull defenders with him and look for Mane and Salah to make those diagonal runs into the centre forward positions.

But it's all about being able to anticipate what your teammates are going to do - I wouldn't expect a set of forwards to be hugely effective trying to play like that when they have only been training together for a week or so.  Liverpool have kept the same front three for season after season so they are like a well-oiled machine.

18 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

No we wouldn’t. If we play two up top that would be two in midfield. We’d get battered and overrun!

I would love to see Gregory and Kamberi both start as a partnership.

We also have the team to play 3-5-2 with the other CB we signed (Gibson?).  I would try that at home second half if we wanted to go for it.

I understand why Moore is persevering with 4-3-3.  For starters with a new team you do not want to be continually changing system when players are trying to settle.  Maybe in time we will see something different.

I thought Moore got his substitutions spot on yesterday.  I’ve been critical in the past with his substitutions and the fact he has made them too late on in a game.  He got it right yesterday.  I was very impressed with Byers and can’t wait to see him link up with Bannan again.

• Like 1