Thought he looked decent. I think he’ll get better as will the support around him. I’d love to see us in a 343 with Johnson and Hunt in wide midfield and 2 of the more attacking players either side of him. 

Gregory looked decent too, nice to have options. There are a lot of games and a lot of dirty work for the lone striker to get through. 

• Like 4

Kamberi did well today.  His work rate was good.  Doncaster’s defenders were constantly tugging and trying to kick lumps out of him but he was also giving it back.  Pity he didn’t score with the header second half as that was a good move.

I do worry about goals playing the formation we did.  Thought Byers did well when he came on.  Again, good result, a hell of a lot to work on but we will get better.  …..And 3 points which on balance we deserved.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

But with the squad we have we would be better doing. Take the game to the opponent 

Disagree. 

You csnt ditch a system after all pre season on it and 2 games cos we have 2 CFs. 

Squad is built for 3-4-3, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1

The players need more time to learn one another's games and it's good we have different types of forwards and options to go 2 up top if chasing a game 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like a better nuhiu, will actually hold the ball up and has a bit of pace about him (he's not rapid or anything) just can't see him being a goalscorer so we either need to adapt the formation so he has a strike partner or drop him but then you lose his work rate.

11 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Disagree. 

You csnt ditch a system after all pre season on it and 2 games cos we have 2 CFs. 

Squad is built for 3-4-3, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1

The players need more time to learn one another's games and it's good we have different types of forwards and options to go 2 up top if chasing a game 

Yeah they do need more time to click.

But it’s too negative when you have the quality of player we have. We should dictate. 

Not complaining I’m happy with what’s happening at the club just think we’d benefit from a front two, in every game so far the striker has looked far too isolated. 

• Like 6

Just persevere with the 4-3-3. We are already in a better position than most of us expected.
Midfielders and wide forwards have to learn to support the main striker in this system. 
It will come as they gel as a team. Worst thing Moore could do now is be panicked into changing  to a formation different from that intended when assembling his squad. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Yeah they do need more time to click.

But it’s too negative when you have the quality of player we have. We should dictate. 

Not complaining I’m happy with what’s happening at the club just think we’d benefit from a front two, in every game so far the striker has looked far too isolated. 

We'd be far too open and exposed in the midfield with only 2 centre mids.

Much better and more suited to a 4-3-3 formation, the one we used to completely dominate the match today.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blatter said:

Just persevere with the 4-3-3. We are already in a better position than most of us expected.
Midfielders and wide forwards have to learn to support the main striker in this system. 
It will come as they gel as a team. Worst thing Moore could do now is be panicked into changing  to a formation different from that intended when assembling his squad. 

Our problem is that it’s not 4-3-3 that we end up playing - it’s a 4-5-1 most of the time, so he’ll need longer to make it work more effectively as a genuine 4-3-3. The subs worked today, which I’m pleased about because DM hasn’t had much success since being here when trying to change things with his subs.

• Like 3

Won’t happen but kamberi in a front two would be a right thorn in anyone’s back side 

he didn’t give them a minute was strong and had some great touches 

if we had a striker around him that striker I’d fancy to get 20 plus off kamberi’s work rate 

he was far too isolated today I think the wide players need to tuck in when the balls on the other flank 

he deserved a goal and probably should have scored that header before he went off 

another good game for him just needs more support around him 

• Like 2