Man of the match & Ratings -Doncaster (H)

Man of the match  

433 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the match

• Peacock-Farrell
    • Hunt
    • Palmer
    • Adeniran
    • Iorfa
    • Hutchinson
    • Green
    • Bannan
    • Kamberi
    • Wing
    • Johnson
    • Gregory
    • Brown
    • Byers

Adeniran for me, always looking to pressure the opposition and can take a player on.

Lots of positives from all the team.

Bannan not my favourite player but should be a stand out in this league, just needs to know that Wing can take a decent free kick,as demonstrated for boro and Miller's.

If those two can get a football relationship built they will dictate games all season.

Great team performance against a team of spoilers.

Great first match.. thoroughly enjoyed it..atmosphere and a good team performance and 3 points.

Job done for developing the feel good factor.

We can only improve and if we can switch it up a gear like we did in the second half...then we will win a lot more than lose.

Bazza just about MOM for his goal and second half performance but let Wing have a go at the free kicks occasionally. .  Iorfa and Hutch did well..  

Wing and Adrianan did well love the moment just before the game when he want to kiss his young un and good a great round of applause.. seems to be loving it and his confidence will grow .took his goal well.

Thought Kamberi did an excellent job up top with his hold up and link up play and will be a handful ..Gregory will be an asset when upto speed.

Green did ok but looked very tired in the first half at points better in second.

Marvin , Palmer and Hunt all did ok.

BPF looks assured and claimed a beauty in the second half.

Byers and Brown were both very effective subs and created the goals.

Fair play to Donny thought they looked tidy and played the ball around well and we're unlucky with the shot in the first half which fizzed just past the post with BPF beaten but they lack it upfront tho, but we stepped up after half time and we was the only team in it.

Byers coming on and letting Bazza and Wing push forward made a big difference and found plenty of space.

Enjoyed the day .. ran out of pies other than balti in the kop kiosk nxt to csr park about 2pm.. big que for the one til also.. have two bars and only one open with on til and one lass serving heard it was an IT problem with the til..

Not gonna complain got a pint which was ok with the fast filing bottom pots. And someone had done about 15 pints in prep..  but need to be more slick and more staff.

Up The Owls.. 

• Like 3

Gone for adenirian, thought he was the engine we've been missing.

Bannan was far too frustrating for the first 45 minutes to be given the MoM, too many stray balls, sitting deep and long balls. 

For us to impose ourselves on teams, he MUST be further up the pitch.

• Like 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

no he wasn’t anonymous…he did the work others didn’t want to do. I thought he was really good to be fair, covered ground & broke up play on a number of occasions. Can’t really fault him!! 

Ok mate your opinion. I’m not actually criticizing him. Yes he worked hard but didn’t do that much until the goal. 

19 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Ok mate your opinion. I’m not actually criticizing him. Yes he worked hard but didn’t do that much until the goal. 

I don’t think he was signed for his creativity and skill…I think his contribution is his work rate and ability to break things up. He will be one of those players that goes about his business quietly and efficiently. 

BPF- 7- had little to do other than a reasonable save at his near post , came for a few crosses and kicking was fine

hunt 6- thought he did ok at times , nearly cost us first half when he let their wide player get inside and shoot , thankfully went over . Not his best game but we know he has quality 

hutch -7 solid and dependable, won a lot of headers and played it out from the back

iorfa - as above

palmer - 6.5- caught out few times in first half as donny targeted that side , second half a lot better and carried the ball forward well 

Adenrian -7.5 , full of energy and commitment, won tackles , kept it simple and scored a nice tap in 

baz - 7.5some great passes , oozes quality for this level . Cracking goal 

green 6.5- worked hard , few good moments but few poor ones. More promising overall 

wing 6- actually thought he was fairly average , some poor moments and seemed a little sluggish , showed his quality with that effort and the odd moment 

Johnson 6- didn’t do a great deal but not a bad game , one great cross for kamberi 

Kamberi -6.5/7 - worked hard and battled well , just at times first half we didn’t support well enough and kamberi a tad isolated , should have done better with his header

subs all 7- changed the game and showed quality (Byers , Gregory , brown )

it was a 6.5/7-10 performance, some moments of quality , times where you can see it’s a new team but committing and attitude was refreshing 

on to Fleetwood , similar team but maybe 1/2 changes in the 11 and on the bench

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
53 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I don’t think he was signed for his creativity and skill…I think his contribution is his work rate and ability to break things up. He will be one of those players that goes about his business quietly and efficiently. 

To be fair these are all good points and possibly ‘anonymous’ was a tad harsh.  I like the boy and I think he’ll be a good player for us. I’ve got to admit, I’m surprised he’s playing in front of Luongo but he’s so hardworking that I can see why.

BPF 7 - Come for crosses, couple saves. Seems more commanding than I thought he would be. 

Hunt 6 - Didn’t play badly but maybe didn’t see the overlapping I was expecting from Hunt. 

Iorfa 8 - Mountain

Hutch 8 - See above. Him & Iorfa complimented each other. Iorfa’s pace matched with Hutchinson’s ability on the ball makes them really click. 

Palmer 6 - Same as Hunt really, solid in defence for me. It’s not an easy job playing LB on the right foot either but he does a decent job. 

Adeniran 7  - Doesn’t stop running. Covers every bit of grass and has so much more to his game then just being a holding player, has an essence of Kante about him. 

Bannan 8 - Just looks different class in this division. 

Green 5 - Looks a confidence player, looked nervous in his decision making and felt that he looked lost at times. 

Wing 6 - Moments of quality in him, but I don’t think we’ve seen him at his best yet. 

Johnson 5 - Don’t think he really got into the game. Needed more from him & Green. 

Kamberi 7 - Pleasantly surprised me, grafted and did well considering how isolated he was at times in the 1st half. Should have done better with the header in the 2nd but there is certainly a player there. 

9 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Yes, up until his goal, he wasn’t in the game at all. Unlike against Charlton and Udders where he was picking the ball up in tight areas and winning us free kicks high up the pitch. Just didn’t see any of that today. Not meant as a criticism, more an observation. Good on him for getting the goal. He even admits in his own interview that he didn’t particularly play that well.

I saw tremendous effort and tracking down.

At least two full length sprints downfield to cut off a break.

But always ymmv.

5 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

To be fair these are all good points and possibly ‘anonymous’ was a tad harsh.  I like the boy and I think he’ll be a good player for us. I’ve got to admit, I’m surprised he’s playing in front of Luongo but he’s so hardworking that I can see why.

as good a luongo is you can’t see him playing 10 games in a row can you? Looks good for 5 games then is out for 2 months. 

we finally have square pegs in square holes so hopefully we don’t have to worry about that to much. 

11 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Yes, up until his goal, he wasn’t in the game at all. Unlike against Charlton and Udders where he was picking the ball up in tight areas and winning us free kicks high up the pitch. Just didn’t see any of that today. Not meant as a criticism, more an observation. Good on him for getting the goal. He even admits in his own interview that he didn’t particularly play that well.

Yeah, agree with this.

Said at HT, that the game had just passed our entire midfield by after the first 10 minutes. Both Adeniran and Wing didn't get anywhere near Bostock and Galbraith.

He improved after the break, like Bannan did...less so Wing. 

On 14/08/2021 at 17:03, TrueOwl said:

Peacock-Farrell - 7

Hunt - 6

Palmer - 6

Adeniran - 7

Iorfa - 7

Hutchinson - 7

Green - 6

Bannan - 8

Kamberi - 6

Wing - 6

Johnson - 5

Gregory - 5

Brown - 7

Byers - 5

Byers 5?! He came on and literally won us the game. He freed up Bannan allowing him to play higher up. Assist after 2 mins been on the pitch. Bloody 5. 

1 hour ago, frastheowl said:

Yeah, agree with this.

Said at HT, that the game had just passed our entire midfield by after the first 10 minutes. Both Adeniran and Wing didn't get anywhere near Bostock and Galbraith.

He improved after the break, like Bannan did...less so Wing. 

Said this in another Fred when posters were spaffing their pants about Adeniran 

Not saying he is not a decent aquasition but far from the finished article 

2 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Said this in another Fred when posters were spaffing their pants about Adeniran 

Not saying he is not a decent aquasition but far from the finished article 

I don't think it's anything to do with his ability now, or in the future.

On the whole, I've been really impressed with the lad, and I'm very confident he'll play a major role this season.

But, players/teams have periods where they struggle to perform their task...whether it be down to their own performance or the opposition, and between 15 minutes and half time, our midfield (not just Adeniran) completely failed to get to grips with Doncaster's midfield. That's a pretty unarguable fact.

But, whatever Moore said at half time, instigated a reaction, and it resulted in much better 2nd half performances from Bannan and Adeniran.

(BTW, the signing I was most encouraged by, Wing, has been a real let down so far. But, I've not given up hope on him. Still think he'll be a key player)

1 hour ago, frastheowl said:

I don't think it's anything to do with his ability now, or in the future.

On the whole, I've been really impressed with the lad, and I'm very confident he'll play a major role this season.

But, players/teams have periods where they struggle to perform their task...whether it be down to their own performance or the opposition, and between 15 minutes and half time, our midfield (not just Adeniran) completely failed to get to grips with Doncaster's midfield. That's a pretty unarguable fact.

But, whatever Moore said at half time, instigated a reaction, and it resulted in much better 2nd half performances from Bannan and Adeniran.

(BTW, the signing I was most encouraged by, Wing, has been a real let down so far. But, I've not given up hope on him. Still think he'll be a key player)

Agree about Wing , he did some decent stuff and clearly has a good strike on him but at times yesterday looked like he had his boots on the wrong feet.