Man of the match & Ratings -Doncaster (H)

Man of the match  

433 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the match

• Peacock-Farrell
    • Hunt
    • Palmer
    • Adeniran
    • Iorfa
    • Hutchinson
    • Green
    • Bannan
    • Kamberi
    • Wing
    • Johnson
    • Gregory
    • Brown
    • Byers

Peacock-Farrell - 7

Hunt - 5 - thought he had a shocker

Palmer - 6 ok

Iorfa - 7 class

Hutchinson - 7 class

Green - 5 better when he came off

Bannan - 8 struggling till the magician pulls a rabbit out of a hat

Adeniran - 7 - lovin him

Kamberi - 7 - hard-working, always looking to try things. Bad miss. 

Wing - 6 - got fed up and moany, possibly for good reason. Cracking shot though. 

Johnson - 5 - I expected much better. Good cross for Kamberi though.

Gregory - 7 loved his attitude

Brown - 6 gets an assist

Byers - 7 confident and composed

Bannan will get the plaudits because of his goal

My man of the match was Adeniran

He covered every blade of the pitch, what an engine he has

In my opinion the game changed when Moore sent Byers on

Byers was assured with every touch 

We were able to push Bannan further forward

The front man Kamberi, worked his socks off 

I liked the look of Wing, Johnson and Brown too

Back four was solid, keeper looked assured

The one I've missed out is Green, he's definitely a talent, he did some good things, and some not so good things, but there is a player in there.

• Like 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

The two CB were awesome.  Bannan was effective when Byers came on.  However his set pieces are awful and he needs to be relieved of the responsibility of taking every free-kick and corners.  He struck the goal beautifully but before that he had three freekicks in dangerous positions which all sailed over the bar.

• Like 4

Get in.

Delighted to be back. 

Thought we started OK but ended up second best as the first half progressed.

Second half we were well on top, subs came at the right time and had a positive impact, fantastic first goal and a great feeling to celebrate the second and have that cushion. Loved being back and being a part of it again.

Went for Bannan as man of the match as his moment of magic set us off. Not a fantastic performance but solid enough and deserved the win. Not conceding many chances at all  and we will only improve as the new players gel more.

Might be wrong but thought the penalty was a bit harsh. 

BPF - 6.5. Made the saves when he had to. He’s not currently in a position where he can control the defence. 

Hunt - 7. Solid work. Had a much easier game than Palmer on the other side. 

Huchinson - 8. Always there when needed. Carried us defensively. 

Iorfa - 6.5. Not the best showing today. Seemed to struggle playing it out from the back. 

Palmer - 7. Had his hands full with a Rovers winger who hugged the touchline. Showed his class going forward. 

Aderian - 7. Was much better against Huddersfield. Seemed a bit overwhelmed by Doncaster’s solid midfield. His well-taken goal saves his rating. 

Bannan - 8.5. Absolute class. Too good for this league. Got everywhere, saved us a few times and didn’t stop till the final whistle. The sole reason we didn’t get overrun by their midfield, particularly when he played deeper in the first half. 

Wing - 7. The talent is evident. Started out strong but cooled down in the second half. Best first touch in the team. 

Johnson - 5. Did nothing of note. 

Kamberi - 6.5. Pretty average. Shame he couldn’t keep his header down. 

Green - 6. Seems capable but no end product. Always seems to take one too many touches. 

Byers, Gregory and Brown all get 7. A much better attacking trio than the starters. I’m glad we’ve got that depth. Gregory, in particular, has the pace and strength to cause defences problems. 

Adeniran for me. Think he could develop into an excellent player for us. First half was a bit ‘meh’ for the whole team, but the changes we made seemed to make a massive positive difference. Just thinking back to last season when things were in a similar position and we’d bring on Kachunga or Izzy Brown! What a difference some good recruitment makes!

• Like 1

I went for Palmer - defended well and also is getting forward well and creating. Great run to set Brown away for the second goal. 
Much more threat down that left side than the right.

Its been said before - the back 4 are so strong, just have to be careful passing out from the back - we got ourselves into trouble playing it to Wing facing his own goal.

Kamberi was excellent and Gregory was even better when he came on 

• Like 1

Bannan my M o M but wish they'd find someone else to take free kicks , corners .

Thought Kamberi worked hard , much of the time on his own up front. Would like to see Gregory at the side of him up front , could develop into a productive partnership .

Adeniran,Hutch and Iorfa also solid games .

Peacock-Farrell - 7 - Looked comfortable and assured. Dealt with the few problems Doncaster caused with relative ease. Not sure if he got a touch on the penalty, but probably would've saved it had it been on target.

Hunt - 7 - Looks the same player that we had three years ago. Rarely looked troubled defensively, and was good to see those lung busting overlaps once again. Would like to see a bit more quality in advanced areas, but a solid performance.

Iorfa - 8 - Strong and dominant once again. Covered exceptionally well on a number of occasions, and always seemed to be in the right place to deal with any problems.

Hutchinson - 8 - Man of the Match - Thought Hutch was brilliant today. Lead by example, and seemed to drive us onto another level in the 2nd half. Just shaded it over Iorfa for MotM today.

Palmer - 7 - His lack of a left foot makes us very unbalanced, and I really hope, long term, Moore doesn't see him as the answer here. However, his individual performance was decent. Defended well enough, and his driving run instigated the 2nd goal. 

Bannan - 7 - 1st half he was below par. Our midfield trio failed to get anywhere near Donny's midfield, and we struggled to get a foothold in the game. Two dogger free kicks also. But, his goal was different class, and it just highlights how good he is, in contrast to the rest of the division. But he/we need to get him influencing games for longer periods.

Wing - 6 - Started brightly, but then struggled for the rest of the 1st half. Looked off the pace, and failed to impact the game. Better in the 2nd half, and was unlucky with the strike just after the break. Need more from him though.

Adeniran - 7 - See Bannan/Wing for the 1st half...disappointing. Looks a better player when playing on the front foot, and improved in the 2nd half. Took his goal well.

Green - 6 - Better performance than last week, and he showed glimpses of the threat he could cause. Seems to be lacking a bit of belief, but was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet.

Kamberi - 7 - Impressive today. Looked strong, worked hard and linked up play well. Not scared of running in behind either. Could be a shrewd signing.

Johnson - 6 - Looked a bit off the pace at times, but you can see why we signed him. Looks to stretch the pitch, and get at players. Could be a handful when fully fit and integrated.

Overall...

Points are crucial, and the more we pick up whilst getting these new signings up to speed, the better chance we'll have of sustaining a promotion challenge. There were more signs of encouragement today, than there was against Charlton, so it's a step in the right direction. No doubt about it, it wasn't a great performance, but when things weren't clicking, we kept ourselves in the game, remained solid defensively, and then eventually, our superior quality told in the end.

Great opportunity presents itself on Tuesday night... another improvement, and hopefully another three points, will indicate a very positive start to the season.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

goalie was  sound , hutch & iorfa  were  very good ,kamberi looked lively , wing & adeniran did ok .......wasnt too impressed by the 4 starting wide players   .........went for bannan ,outstanding goal and as per he dominates everything we do . 

BPF - 7: Solid. So nice to have reliable number 1. No drama at all. 

Hunt - 6: Not his best performance but OK overall. 

Palmer - 7: A couple of hairy moments but tracked back and tackled well when needed. 

Hutch - 9: Dominated all game. 

Iorfa - 8: Quality player at this level. A couple of misplaced passes out of defence but he never looked troubled defensively. 

Bannan - 9: Superb goal. Looked much better once Byers came on to support him. Set pieces were poor

Adeniran - 8: Ran his socks off. Great work rate and attitude. Will be good for us this season. Again, looked better once Byers was on. 

Wing - 6: Flashes of quality but didn't link up well enough with the rest of the team. Will definitely come good.

Green - 5: Tried but nothing came off. Decision making was poor. Too often ignores an easy pass and tries to go it alone. 

Johnson - 6: I can see a good player in there but he wasn't up to it today. Never caused Donny enough problems.

Kamberi - 7: Led the line very well. Not afraid to get stuck in. A bit more support and I can see him doing well this year. 

Subs:

Brown - 7: His pace those last 20 minutes was vital. Good cross for the second goal. 

Gregory - 7: Good work rate and saw the game out well. Will be an asset this year. 

Byers - 8: Totally changed the game for me. Very neat and tidy and was constantly an outlet for the back 4 allowing Bannan and Adeniran to move forward. Needs to start next game on that showing. 

Moore - 9: Subs were spot on. I wasn't convinced by the starting 11. We never really looked like scoring in the first half but you've got to give him credit for those changes. 

• Like 2