Arsenal

19 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

I’m by no means an Ole fan but I think he’s doing a lot better than Arteta 

Ole has changed the culture, but is inept in practically every other department. He got the job because of the disharmony in the squad at the time, not because of his track record. Being a nice guy whose strong mentally will only take you so far, and it for sure doesn’t supersede talent. 

Look at City, Chelsea, Liverpool and see how quickly a top manager can change things. Tuchel practically did that immediately after stepping through the door. Ole doesn’t stack up against any of those managers. How long has he been at United now, 3-4 years? 

He’s a lightweight 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

A couple of top teams who were interested in Ben White a year ago passed when Brighton started quoting them £25m+. As soon as he got into the England squad Brighton started quoting £50m and Arsenal said "sounds fair, we'll do that". 

Also, they sell Martinez and a year later pay more for a much worse keeper in Ramsdale - because he got in the England squad? 

It's incredible. 

They have no plan at all.

A bit ago they removed Xhaka as their captain and were trying to offload him to Roma.

Then they reinstate him as captain and are looking to offer him a new deal.

Also took them ages to get Ozil off the wage bill, difficult cos no one wanted him on the wage he was one. Having a similar issue with Aubemayang and they are wanting to offer him a new deal now.

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Ole has changed the culture, but is inept in practically every other department. He got the job because of the disharmony in the squad at the time, not because of his track record. Being a nice guy whose strong mentally will only take you so far, and it for sure doesn’t supersede talent. 

Look at City, Chelsea, Liverpool and see how quickly a top manager can change things. Tuchel practically did that immediately after stepping through the door. Ole doesn’t stack up against any of those managers. How long has he been at United now, 3-4 years? 

He’s a lightweight 

Totally agree.

Man U are one of the biggest clubs in the world and should have a proven manager in charge.

13 minutes ago, markg said:

Totally agree.

Man U are one of the biggest clubs in the world and should have a proven manager in charge.

The Europa league final loss was the final straw for me. Tactically he is just as useless as when he first walked through the door. They’re keeping a manager based on sentiment, rather than hiring one based on achievements and ability. Their 2nd place finish was a very loose one let’s be honest - miles behind City and IMO only finished above Chelsea and Liverpool due to Lampard being kept on too long, and Klopp having half his squad decimated 

Guest T Hardy
3 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

He’s a lightweight 

Like I said I’m no big fan, I just think he’s probably got more about him than Arteta does. Klopp’s impact at Liverpool wasn’t immediate, it took a few years to win the league. 

I think in January Arsenal will have a new manager but Ole will still be at United. I agree Ole isn’t in the same league as those other managers, but he’s getting Champions League football which is keeping him in the job.

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

Arsenal get their first positive of the season for me tonight - that yellow away kit has just got the cannon on it as the badge. Allover that. Should just be their badge all the time.

Classic

4096.jpg