Arsenal

On 21/08/2021 at 12:14, scram said:

I believe they've spent the most in the top 5 leagues so far?

For what?

a 2nd rate training keeper and?

Exactly. With the money spent I think 80% of the posters on here could have recruited better. 

Ramsdale is a playoff championship standard keeper at best. 

Odegaard is a decent player, but much of a muchness. A proper arsenal signing. 

White is another show pony CB. 

Poor recruitment for 10 years plus now 

They'd probably have been better off going for a couple of stellar signings (if they can still attract them which in itself is doubtful)

But it seems they have spread the money around buying mediocre and poor players for various depts of the team at vastly inflated sums

It's like a template of how not to run a club

21 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

On the flip side Chelsea look class. Mendy cost them £22m in net, less than Ramsdale and looks a lot better.

Of course he's better - significantly better

There is no keeper in the PL - probably even on the bench who aren't better than ramsdale

This is one of those signings that should be raising serious questions among fan groups

There seems to be something decidedly dodgy about it

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Awful side and their fans will be getting more and more irate. They’ve spent the most in the PL during this transfer window on absolute garbage. I’m expecting midtable for them. 

Yeah and right now midtable would be an achievement.  As others have said their starting line up is really average and in my opinion not much better than the likes of Brighton or Southampton, who probably have better managers too as it’s turned out.  

This week will be massive for Arsenal as if they can’t sign any more decent players they could really struggle this season. Which would be nice to see

17 hours ago, scram said:

Of course he's better - significantly better

There is no keeper in the PL - probably even on the bench who aren't better than ramsdale

This is one of those signings that should be raising serious questions among fan groups

There seems to be something decidedly dodgy about it

Talking to some mates who are Arsenal fans they are pleased with the Ramsdale signing. They think he improves them as he can help them play out from the back.

Im assuming they mean when he picks the ball out of the net and boots it back to the centre circle.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Arteta & Ole, two peas in a pod. How do their respective boards keep rewarding these two clearly incapable managers? 

Imo Ole is a lot better than Arteta, but still nowhere near the standard needed.

Makes it all the more strange when Conte is out there waiting to be picked up.

A couple of top teams who were interested in Ben White a year ago passed when Brighton started quoting them £25m+. As soon as he got into the England squad Brighton started quoting £50m and Arsenal said "sounds fair, we'll do that". 

Also, they sell Martinez and a year later pay more for a much worse keeper in Ramsdale - because he got in the England squad? 

It's incredible. 

Guest T Hardy
3 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Arteta & Ole, two peas in a pod. How do their respective boards keep rewarding these two clearly incapable managers? 

I’m by no means an Ole fan but I think he’s doing a lot better than Arteta