Arsenal

Arsenal are missing that nasty element that they used to have.

they have gone a bit soft.

it’s ok having the tippy tippy flair players but they need some backbone.

I’m not sure that rob holding and Calum chambers were ever the answer.

they need a few steve bould, tony adams, Nigel winterburn types

as a gamble they could do worse than mitrovic (Fulham) or that total w*nker sean Morrison (Cardiff)

10 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Guess we won't find out 

The last time they were in the (old) 2nd division (now championship) they averaged 44k which was the 2nd best in the country after Liverpool (46k)

At a time when hardly any clubs could ever get 44k fans - the average 1st Div crowd being 27k with 2nd Div being 15k

The last time they didn't have the highest average attendance was nearly 30 years ago

14 minutes ago, scram said:

The last time they were in the (old) 2nd division (now championship) they averaged 44k which was the 2nd best in the country after Liverpool (46k)

At a time when hardly any clubs could ever get 44k fans - the average 1st Div crowd being 27k with 2nd Div being 15k

The last time they didn't have the highest average attendance was nearly 30 years ago

They actually averaged 47,000 that season in the 2nd division, and it was the highest in the country. Their away support is also consistently the best in the country vocally IMO

46 minutes ago, Raminpeace said:

as a gamble they could do worse than mitrovic (Fulham) or that total w*nker sean Morrison (Cardiff)

They've missed higher quality poo houses then them in recent Windows. 

Vestergaard

Gueye

Evans

Herrera

All spring to mind as affordable options who would have been more what they need then anything other then Partey they've signed since 2015

8 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

They actually averaged 47,000 that season in the 2nd division, and it was the highest in the country. Their away support is also consistently the best in the country vocally IMO

Not according to European Football Statistics

But either way they have always had phenomenal support

17 minutes ago, scram said:

Not according to European Football Statistics

But either way they have always had phenomenal support

I’m just going off the Wiki page for their 74/75 season. Could be wrong though I suppose. And agreed, the idea their support would just disappear if they somehow did a Rangers or something is nonsense.

0D93BE13-C5CF-45EA-A65D-98855745A3E9.jpeg

1 hour ago, Raminpeace said:

Dont mention steve b ***d on tbese pages please. That t**t should have been banned for life for what he did

• Like 1

If you search Tony Atwood provides sickening excuses of why Arsenal were re elected to the First Division post first WW I following their relegation in 1913.

It cost local side Barnsley dear and was done on the back of Brown Paper envelopes being passed around ammongst full voting members. Barnsley, Swindon, Ourselves et al have suffered on the back of bureaucratic decisions of none football matters. Yet Arsenal prospered in two ways; 1. Divorce from it's support base 12 miles from Woolwich. 2. Cash for votes scandal following WW I.

Atwood twists and turns his way through the story offering excuse after excuse, but in the final analysis it cost Barnsley dear and prospered the Woolwich club enormousley !   

53 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

I’m just going off the Wiki page for their 74/75 season. Could be wrong though I suppose. And agreed, the idea their support would just disappear if they somehow did a Rangers or something is nonsense.

0D93BE13-C5CF-45EA-A65D-98855745A3E9.jpeg

No doubt a  number of their gloryhunters would begin to lose interest. But that is natural for any team.

They have literally have millions of fans worldwide.

However their core support is huge and  if they could average 47k then, I see no reason Old Trafford wouldnt be full in League One.

Edited by Quickly Kevin

2 hours ago, Raminpeace said:

They signed the 23 y/o hard man Ben White future England captain...

• Haha 1

On 30/08/2021 at 13:26, boomshaketheroom said:

They signed the 23 y/o hard man Ben White future England captain...

It's like they deliberately went out to find the exact opposite to what they need in a centre half. Brighton alone have 3 other centre backs who would have  been better options. 

They have now signed a really bang average keeper..just think, Peacock-Farrell and Bazunu are both better than 'Rammers' , and playing in league one. That's how bad their recruitment has been.