Car Park on Herries Road

My dad is now in his 80s and unsteady on his feet. We used to park in the Wednesdayite car park but when it moved it became a bit of a trek for him so a few times I parked in that car park behind the timber yard across from Radio Hallam. You could pay in advance online to guarantee a spot but I can't find any receipts in my emails and can't find a link for the car park either. Can anyone help?

59 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

If it's an incentive some of you may know him -he's an ex-bouncer so anyone who went to Faces in the 80s on Charles Street or supped in the Embo, the Ball, the Woodthorpe or the Birley may have been "welcomed" by him. He's a worthy cause. 

I normally park there on the old Hiram Wilde site. Just drive in pain in the arse getting out but everywhere is after the match. You can get a season ticket from them I believe 

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

If it's an incentive some of you may know him -he's an ex-bouncer so anyone who went to Faces in the 80s on Charles Street or supped in the Embo, the Ball, the Woodthorpe or the Birley may have been "welcomed" by him. He's a worthy cause. 

What's your dad's name pal I may recall him I used to frequent a few of them places 

I think that car park was listed on JustPark. But doesn’t seem to be anymore. They have a twitter account but doesn’t look like it’s been updated in a while; perhaps it’ll be open but just no longer offered online? 

I think the club used to offer 5 quid parking in Hillsborough park. Might be worth calling ticket office. 

My dad is now in his 80s and unsteady on his feet. We used to park in the Wednesdayite car park but when it moved it became a bit of a trek for him so a few times I parked in that car park behind the timber yard across from Radio Hallam. You could pay in advance online to guarantee a spot but I can't find any receipts in my emails and can't find a link for the car park either. Can anyone help?

Personally I would park a bit further away - jump on the tram and get off at Hillsborough Park Stop you are then just 5 minutes walk from the ground, If you want to pick up a Beres before you go in you can and eat it on the way.

I never drive to the games but I am lucky living at Stannington, we used to walk down the hill and on to the match but local parking near the ground is now a nightmare and if the restriction brought in before continue it will be even worse.

Does anyone know if the SAG restriction are still active as I have seen nothing from the club or Sheffield Council to suggest they are? 

1 hour ago, bigdan2003 said:

I think that car park was listed on JustPark. But doesn’t seem to be anymore. They have a twitter account but doesn’t look like it’s been updated in a while; perhaps it’ll be open but just no longer offered online? 

I think the club used to offer 5 quid parking in Hillsborough park. Might be worth calling ticket office. 

We park in hillsborough park you get a season long pass from Swfc but the cost for the season this year is £384 so not a cheap option. 

3 hours ago, rickygoo said:

He is a worthy cause if he's the bloke I'm thinking of. Maybe too much of a coincidence though. One of the lads on the door at the Embassy once gave me a couple of racing tips, everyone I worked with backed them and they both went in. That would be around 1976/1977 ish.

3 hours ago, rickygoo said:

If he can manage the walk from Leppings Lane tram stop. I’d use park and ride at Middlewood.

20 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

He is a worthy cause if he's the bloke I'm thinking of. Maybe too much of a coincidence though. One of the lads on the door at the Embassy once gave me a couple of racing tips, everyone I worked with backed them and they both went in. That would be around 1976/1977 ish.

I remember kilby wrestler working on embo

• Like 1

Me too. He pinned me up against a wall after he lipread me calling him a wucking fanker after he wouldn’t let us in one night. 

He did you a favour not letting you in! 

5 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Got to be some man to work in those boozers pal 👍

3 hours ago, jackowl97 said:

We park in hillsborough park you get a season long pass from Swfc but the cost for the season this year is £384 so not a cheap option. 

surely your joking £384 to park in a park for 23 games thats £16.70 a game. you might as well get a tram pass for day or something and drink a crate of ale with the change before the game. 

5 hours ago, morganowl said:

surely your joking £384 to park in a park for 23 games thats £16.70 a game. you might as well get a tram pass for day or something and drink a crate of ale with the change before the game. 

No not joking that’s the cost,  it covers cup games as well so you could get more than the 23 league games. We have 4 in the car and split it