Cameron Dawson

Guest LondonOwl313
8 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

How do we know he hasn't? He came in to a ragged squad, had a few good games, few bad games ..

This will do him the world of good and hopefully he'll come back a better keeper

Because he’s played for us for about 5 years.. how much longer do we need to give him

9 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

It's weird how much stick Dawson gets on here.

Same with Palmer.

Absolutely this. An element of of fans love to harangue any home grown player with a special vitriol; and then they wonder why people like Shaw and Urhoghide move on when they get they chance.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Philb125 said:

I always thought a Dawson when deputising for Westwood looked very good. The issues were more when he was chose in front of Westwood. Now I’m not sure if it was the pressure of keeping Westwood out, the fans on his back, the merry go round of managers, the circus of a team he played behind….. or all of the above. But his head dropped and needed a fresh start. 

I thought he’d be fine for us this year, in a settled team.  But he may be better than fine after a season away, or he may boost reputation and earn a permanent move away. Either way, he’s an asset that we need to try and make best of.

Absolutely  100%.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

IMO opinion Ian is right on this but yes it is heavily ironic asylum say.

I'm not sure that I agree with you that Cam's time with us is gone. The whole point of his loan is get his career back on track for both his and the clubs benefit. 

I would love to be proved wrong on this but just feel a permananent move elsewhere would be best for his career.

Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

I would love to be proved wrong on this but just feel a permananent move elsewhere would be best for his career.

It could work out that way but for me it's simply wait and see how the next year goes.

I think he was affected by the Westwood circus and the rest of the turmoil at the club (affected other more senior players too).

Hopefully he'll either come back improved as our number one or we make a tidy sum if he leaves.