Cameron Dawson

57 minutes ago, poite said:

Good. Hope it proves a good experience for him and helps him boost his confidence 

It feels like confidence, it had reached a point where you were literally just waiting for the clanger that inevitably came. Will do him the world of good to relieve that pressure of playing for us and have a change of scene. 

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

My 'football friend' said Dawson was solid, he's been solid in both games and the Exeter fans love him already.

"Can't put a price on love. you can have him for £10m"

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

My 'football friend' said Dawson was solid, he's been solid in both games and the Exeter fans love him already.

Problem with Dawson is he comes in to a side with a fresh start and he does that, makes some good saves. But then within half a dozen games he drops a clanger and his head goes down, and then the mistakes start being every other game.

He doesn’t have the mentality to play for a big club even if he has some good attributes for a keeper. He’s had since 2017ish to force his way in as number 1 and failed to do it despite being given loads of chances.

27 minutes ago, Morepork said:

It feels like confidence, it had reached a point where you were literally just waiting for the clanger that inevitably came. Will do him the world of good to relieve that pressure of playing for us and have a change of scene. 

And come back a better keeper and valuable asset.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Go away stalker!

Oh it’s worse than that - I amuse myself imagining you frantically looking at Exeter’s results wanting them to have let 8 in, only to find they’ve kept yet another clean sheet.

You desperately go searching for some solace as you look on their forums wanting to hear how it was pure luck that none of the 17 shots he parried back to the penalty spot we’re put in the net by the hapless forwards.

Except all you read is what a great keeper he is and you realise you’ve slowly over the cause of this season going to eat so much humble pie you’ll be struggling to reach the keyboard by the end of it to type your stupid drivel 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Pleased for Dawson that he's made a good start down there.

He came in under difficult circumstances for us and looked alright for the first 10 games. But the difference between top keepers and the rest is that consistency and concentration to avoid silly errors.

Probably needed this loan a year or two ago, but hope he keeps improving

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Problem with Dawson is he comes in to a side with a fresh start and he does that, makes some good saves. But then within half a dozen games he drops a clanger and his head goes down, and then the mistakes start being every other game.

He doesn’t have the mentality to play for a big club even if he has some good attributes for a keeper. He’s had since 2017ish to force his way in as number 1 and failed to do it despite being given loads of chances.

How do we know he hasn't? He came in to a ragged squad, had a few good games, few bad games ..

This will do him the world of good and hopefully he'll come back a better keeper

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sheffwed1 said:

Dawson has all the attributes and the physique. 
I think his main issue is mentally not sure he has the confidence that’s needed. Wonder if seeing a sports psychologist would benefit him. 

When Monk made the decision to make Dawson #1, Pressman was asked about it, and said he agreed with it, that there were attributes and elements to a keeper others don't see. Not sure if he was just being diplomatic, but it came across as genuine. 

As others have pointed out, Dawson's development took a nosedive with departure of Andy Rhodes. 

Dawson may need a proper change for his own good. 

Dawson should definitely look to move away. Even he continues his good form throughout the season with Exeter and improves on his weaknesses to be actually good enough to be our first choice keeper, it just won’t matter to some. Honestly I can hear the boos now when his name is announced.

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, Ian said:

Oh it’s worse than that - I amuse myself imagining you frantically looking at Exeter’s results wanting them to have let 8 in, only to find they’ve kept yet another clean sheet.

You desperately go searching for some solace as you look on their forums wanting to hear how it was pure luck that none of the 17 shots he parried back to the penalty spot we’re put in the net by the hapless forwards.

Except all you read is what a great keeper he is and you realise you’ve slowly over the cause of this season going to eat so much humble pie you’ll be struggling to reach the keyboard by the end of it to type your stupid drivel 

You really are an idiot! If you must know I haven’t even checked their forum at all. If he does well for them and improves, great because he will be back with us next season as he still has a 3 year contract I believe. 
Do I think he’s good enough? Hell no, but I would be over the moon if this loan was the  making of him. Let’s wait and see. Typical you, getting excited after 2 games. Let’s come back after another 44. If he’s done well I will gladly accept. You on the other hand seem to be a bitter human being who stalks people on forums because they disagree with you so I guess you won’t have the guts if the shoe is on the other foot.

Now please for the love of god just do one!!

5 hours ago, bobness said:

When Monk made the decision to make Dawson #1, Pressman was asked about it, and said he agreed with it, that there were attributes and elements to a keeper others don't see. Not sure if he was just being diplomatic, but it came across as genuine. 

As others have pointed out, Dawson's development took a nosedive with departure of Andy Rhodes. 

Dawson may need a proper change for his own good. 

He agreed with it v Wildsmith…