PODCAST: “We had to walk to the ground and was nearly late” - Sam Hutchinson.

Of course, Paul, you're entitled to your opinion and I respect that.  If as you say, this is their first experience of interviewing, then they will surely learn and improve as they go along, and as they receive feedback

• Like 1

On 09/08/2021 at 18:19, Kevan said:

Still too much interference by the presenters for me.  Trying to make it all about them again.  If they would simply ask a question and (like Michael Parkinson used to do) - shut up and listen to the answers, the whole thing would be so much more enjoyable.

Unless he's interviewing Meg Ryan

On 09/08/2021 at 12:22, waverley_owl said:

…and yes. Sam got a text from the club this morning saying that he needs to go through the club if he wants to do any of these just as he would an interview. 

We were a little cautious with some of the questions but he answered very openly. 

We’re definitely having him back on when the time comes for him to leave to tell us ‘EVERYTHING’ that happened. 

I guess we could have a two (or three) parter on our hands there. 

Thanks, listened to most of it so far and it was an entertaining listen.

If anyone from the club is reading this then I hope you'll continue to let players on to podcasts. It's good to get that insight and understand a bit more of the players backstory and perspective.

I think the presenter who was having a go at BPF and then Kamberi needs to wind it in a little though. You're putting someone like Sam Hutchinson in an awkward position. He spoke up for them both very well on the pod, but if he hadn't said the right words (or even just lost his connection and stayed silent or misheard that bit) then it could easily be blown up into a media story saying there is a rift between the players. Also, it might harm your chances of getting current players back on the pod.

• Like 1