Premier League 21/22

Jones was a decent centre half anyway. Not very pleasing on the eye and, made the odd error but, he’s never been any worse that Lindelof or Maguire (This season) IMO.

Clearly didn’t get on with Solsjkaer, don’t get it when managers cut their nose off to spit their face. 

Probably won’t happen due to injuries but, Newcastle could do a lot worse than trying to get Jones in. 

24 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Jones was their best player tonight.

Summed them, absolutely bang average. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

You know you have problems when you have Ronaldo, Sancho, Cavani, Greenwood on the pitch and Phil Jones is your best player.

That's Phil Jones who hasn't played for 2 years.

Signing Ronaldo was a vanity project that looks like it is massively backfiring, especially on £500k a week.

He'd have been better treading the PSG route like Messi.

Edited by Birstall Owl

9 hours ago, Salli said:

I don't go to our games to deeply analyse the starting lineup's tactical profile, how we utilise the high press, or to make notes on our playmaker's fluidity. I want the players to welly it into the net so I can jump on my mates after a few beers and a sing song. It's the tribalism and community, having a shared interest with successive generations of my family and an attachment to my home city after having moved as a child.

And anyways. By 5pm on a Saturday I tend to be turned off from football for the following week!

That's good cuz we all know you're not to get that at S6

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Birstall Owl said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

You know you have problems when you have Ronaldo, Sancho, Cavani, Greenwood on the pitch and Phil Jones is your best player.

That's Phil Jones who hasn't played for 2 years.

Signing Ronaldo was a vanity project that looks like it is massively backfiring, especially on £500k a week.

He'd have been better treading the PSG route like Messi.

I'm still pretty sure Man Utd only signed him to stop Man City signing him.

Bizarre signing

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Phil Jones to Newcastle might not be a bad idea… but hilariously Man U probably can’t afford to let him go ! 

The Man U players are still as pants as they were. Let’s be honest, this Ralf Rangnick appointment is just bizarre. Who’s to say they’ll even get Poch for next season?  

How did Man U not go for Conte… look what he’s doing once again (at Spurs) 

——————

Rafa failing at Everton. Was it ever going to work? 

——————

Newcastle, splash some cash, get the players in, all they have to do is finish above Watford, Norwich and Burnley … it’s doable… it’s an absolute blessing really the others in the bottom 4 are that bad. 

9 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Trippier should be a good signing for Newcastle.  A few more of those in January and they might stay up this season 

Yeah thought they might struggle to sign decent players but thats a good start.  Having 3 awful teams like Burnley, Watford and Norwich should help the toon stay up this season too

• Like 1