Premier League 21/22

7 minutes ago, vulva said:

That first half yesterday, Chelsea v Liverpool was as good as it gets. We really do watch a different sport at our level. 

It’s why I don’t understand people who say they don’t watch the premier league and only watch lower league football 

Like surely as a football fan you want to watch the best? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s why I don’t understand people who say they don’t watch the premier league and only watch lower league football 

Like surely as a football fan you want to watch the best? 

I'm in this category and it's partly because I feel so detached from football. Plus I generally find sport a bit boring as a neutral, so unless I care about the result (usually because I dislike one of the sides or it affects Wednesday) then I don't watch or at the very least have to stick some money on.

I don't go to our games to deeply analyse the starting lineup's tactical profile, how we utilise the high press, or to make notes on our playmaker's fluidity. I want the players to welly it into the net so I can jump on my mates after a few beers and a sing song. It's the tribalism and community, having a shared interest with successive generations of my family and an attachment to my home city after having moved as a child.

And anyways. By 5pm on a Saturday I tend to be turned off from football for the following week!

1 minute ago, Salli said:

I'm in this category and it's partly because I feel so detached from football. Plus I generally find sport a bit boring as a neutral, so unless I care about the result (usually because I dislike one of the sides or it affects Wednesday) then I don't watch or at the very least have to stick some money on.

I don't go to our games to deeply analyse the starting lineup's tactical profile, how we utilise the high press, or to make notes on our playmaker's fluidity. I want the players to welly it into the net so I can jump on my mates after a few beers and a sing song. It's the tribalism and community, having a shared interest with successive generations of my family and an attachment to my home city after having moved as a child.

And anyways. By 5pm on a Saturday I tend to be turned off from football for the following week!

Plus how many Prem games would I have to watch before seeing a classic? Couldn't care less about Burnley v Soton, yet if I only watched the  constantly hyped Super League sides then I'd probably lose the right to slag off plastic fans, which is something I enjoy doing..