Premier League 21/22

4 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Daylight robbery today. Obviously city are a top side and Pep is a great guy but city have benefitted from refereeing decisions all season. There is a clear bias towards them,  similar to what I saw with Man Utd under Fergie.

Agree with some of the above posts - Arsenal are on their way back and Arteta has turned them around without doubt. They can get 4th this season. 

But it was a penalty and, Gabriel had to walk. Not really sure what they’ve benefited from.

• Like 2

City got the benefit today of some pretty borderline decisions, which on another day could have gone in Arsenal's favour. 

That's for the pens btw, as I don't think anyone can really sit there and say that Gabriel shouldn't have gone for being utterly stupid. 

Big problem is the perceived inconsistency with the use of VAR today. Ref referred to the monitor for the penalty that City were given,  but not so for the Arsenal one. Might be good reason for that, but for the layman it looks like an inconsistent application of the rules. 

But yes, it is in fact all part of a global conspiracy to deny Liverpool their second league title in nearly three decades. 

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Watching MOTD and it says that was City's first injury time winner in the league in almost 4 years, which I found hugely surprising. Liverpool seem to get one every few weeks! 

That effort from City today was more like prime Man Yoo under Fergie. 

Tbf, I thought Arsenal were excellent today and could count themselves very unlucky. Unfortunately, they still have a few hotheads who can f*ck it all up. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

That effort from City today was more like prime Man Yoo under Fergie. 

Tbf, I thought Arsenal were excellent today and could count themselves very unlucky. Unfortunately, they still have a few hotheads who can f*ck it all up. 

I didn't watch the game live as I don't have BT Sport, I've only seen the highlights on MOTD, but they'll certainly look back at the chances and think they should have won. Although I thought both the penalty incidents were the correct decision, tbh. 

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

City got the benefit today of some pretty borderline decisions, which on another day could have gone in Arsenal's favour. 

That's for the pens btw, as I don't think anyone can really sit there and say that Gabriel shouldn't have gone for being utterly stupid. 

Big problem is the perceived inconsistency with the use of VAR today. Ref referred to the monitor for the penalty that City were given,  but not so for the Arsenal one. Might be good reason for that, but for the layman it looks like an inconsistent application of the rules. 

But yes, it is in fact all part of a global conspiracy to deny Liverpool their second league title in nearly three decades. 

I hope it is. Means they won't win another for a while and I can be spared that. Honestly don't care who wins as long as its not Liverpool or the pigs. 

9 hours ago, alanharper said:

Watching MOTD and it says that was City's first injury time winner in the league in almost 4 years, which I found hugely surprising. Liverpool seem to get one every few weeks! 

From the BBC

‘It was only the second first-half goal Manchester City have conceded in the league this season.’ 

So teams can’t get at them much either. 

10 hours ago, Django said:

VAR has had a stinker today at the Emirates, truly dreadful decisions for the penalty shouts 

Ederson clearly plays the ball though. There’s a clear change of direction and, the replays show his heel making contact with the ball and, Odergaard’s foot coming down on top of Ederson’s. Why does the referee need to look at that again? He’s made the correct decision.

On the other hand, Silva is clearly fouled and, Xhaka also has a handful of his shirts. He makes the most of it but, again a clear foul and penalty.  VAR should have just overruled the referee there. That’s the only issue I can see.

Really don’t understand the furore this weekend. The Arsenal game especially, it worked perfectly. Arsenal only have themselves to blame for the sheer stupidity of some of their players.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Lukaku not in the squad today

I don't see the point of that myself

Tuchel is not gonna freeze him out for rest of season

Only Chelsea suffer

Catch 22.

Don't drop him and the manager looks weak.

Drop him and you're record signing is out the squad.