Premier League 21/22

49 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Rogers for me, he's had big club management experience at Liverpool, nearly won the league and has lots of experience on top of that now, dominated Scotland which is no big deal but took Leicester to the next level and won FA cup. They couldn't get much better. I certainly don't think there is a better British manager about right now. 

Nah sod Rogers. Ultimately Liverpool, City and Chelsea all have managers with superb pedigree. What has Rogers won? An FA Cup and a couple of titles in the pub league. Time United started acting like the biggest club in the world. 

• Like 1

Just now, owls maniac said:

Nah sod Rogers. Ultimately Liverpool, City and Chelsea all have managers with superb pedigree. What has Rogers won? An FA Cup and a couple of titles in the pub league. Time United started acting like the biggest club in the world. 

pre Chelsea Tuchel's CV is no better than BRs

Should have happened ages ago. The Glazers are utterly clueless. Frankly I don’t know if anyone can make that club a success whilst the parasites are there. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-solskjaer-sacked-pictures-22228718.amp

19 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

pre Chelsea Tuchel's CV is no better than BRs

He’d won 2 French titles (admittedly a poo league) and been runner up in the Champions League. Appreciate that is not a chasm of achievement, but Tuchel deffo had more experience at the top level with Dortmund and PSG. 

• Like 1

He’d won 2 French titles (admittedly a poo league) and been runner up in the Champions League. Appreciate that is not a chasm of achievement, but Tuchel deffo had more experience at the top level with Dortmund and PSG. 

he won equivalent of FA cup with Dortmund but that's trumped by winning FA cup with Leicester

He nearly won CL with PSG but that's no better than nearly winning league with Liverpool

Rightly dominated respective leagues with PSG/Celtic 

Zidane apparently doesn't speak a word of the Queens English and has said in the past he wouldn't play or manage in England.

I know Bielsa & Pochettino were always perceived as not being able to speak it, but they could but chose not to.

All the Glazers are interested in is the business of Manchester United, every year it pays them a healthy dividend as long as that continues they'll be happy to feed the fans scraps & soundbites.

(Arguably) the biggest club in the world hasn't won a trophy since 2017 and not won the league since 2013, they are getting left behind.

2 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Bruno Lage has got off to a good start with Wolves, they’re in 6th… shame we never brought him back here when he was available and we needed a manager

Yeah, he's doing well.

I know there are mixed feelings on Carlos and his time here, but you did get the feeling that him and his staff usually had a pretty good idea on what they were doing. Bar the last season, I always felt they were pretty astute tactically. 

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

Yeah, he's doing well.

I know there are mixed feelings on Carlos and his time here, but you did get the feeling that him and his staff usually had a pretty good idea on what they were doing. Bar the last season, I always felt they were pretty astute tactically. 

I was firmly in the CC out camp at the time

What we’ve found out since has changed my mind,

He was clearly not in charge of recruitment, and managing that bloated squad of 2017 which was packed with players he didn’t rate or trust ( Rhodes, Winnall, Abdi, JVA, Jones, Boyd, Urby, Mcmanaman, Butterfield, Matias, Buckley) proved to be an impossible task, that led to things going off a cliff pretty sharpish 

If DC had given him full control I think he’d have faired much better 

• Like 1

It’s a weird one with Zidane. Record at Madrid is incredible but I still don’t see him as a career manager. It wouldn’t surprise me if we never saw him in management again, or if we did but in Qatar or the Chinese Super League in 10 years time. 

All the noise around Zidane is that it’s a non-starter, and United can’t waste their time with this like they seem to do so often with players. 

• Like 1

On 21/11/2021 at 11:35, Birstall Owl said:

Zidane apparently doesn't speak a word of the Queens English and has said in the past he wouldn't play or manage in England.

I know Bielsa & Pochettino were always perceived as not being able to speak it, but they could but chose not to.

All the Glazers are interested in is the business of Manchester United, every year it pays them a healthy dividend as long as that continues they'll be happy to feed the fans scraps & soundbites.

(Arguably) the biggest club in the world hasn't won a trophy since 2017 and not won the league since 2013, they are getting left behind.

There are also coaches who do not speak the language of the country, but successfully lead the club. Yes, it's not in England 🙂 Zidane wasn't going to lead in England? Didn't hear it, must have missed it.