Premier League 21/22

Utterly embarrassing for man U

What does it take for them to realise they have too many mediocre players, paid too much for too many of them and they're led by a lovely guy who is totally unsuited for the gravitas of the biggest club in the world acting like a corner shop

1 hour ago, scram said:

Looked like he was kinda saying farewell

But who to appoint?

They've let it drift for so long they're not an easy fix

I think they are with a good manager. Probably a central midfielder short at the moment. Rest of the team is fine, defence is good enough with the right coaching.

1 hour ago, scram said:

No way Rodgers imo

They need a top drawer manager who has handled the type of challenges faced by a club like Utd - who has won the big prizes

Agree, but Man United have repeatedly made poor choices and I wouldn’t be surprised if they make another one and give it to somebody else undercooked. 

Looking at the options, and acknowledging he’s not a perfect fit, I’d be thinking Zidane if I was hiring. 

Feel almost sorry for Ole (yes, I know he will get paid a few million when they sack him before anyone starts). 

He's clearly out of his depth and he isn't going to turn it around. They should have put him out of his misery tonight, but the board at Man U have no idea on what to do once they sack him. There is no plan, no idea of a successor, so they'll keep Ole in place as the proverbial punching bag until they finally make their mind up. 

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think they are with a good manager. Probably a central midfielder short at the moment. Rest of the team is fine, defence is good enough with the right coaching.

I'm not as big an admirer of their squad as you are tbh

I think they are someway short of Chelsea, City and Liverpool - their defence is an average PL defence - their MF is a mixed bag of excellent and so-so

I'm not sure buying Ronaldo has helped them as a team - despite his goals - in fact i am sure - he's upset their balance which wasn't brilliant to start with

Just now, scram said:

I'm not as big an admirer of their squad as you are tbh

I think they are someway short of Chelsea, City and Liverpool - their defence is an average PL defence - their MF is a mixed bag of excellent and so-so

I'm not sure buying Ronaldo has helped them as a team - despite his goals - in fact i am sure - he's upset their balance which wasn't brilliant to start with

I agree on the defence. 

Wan Bisakka offers absolutely nothing going forward, which as a fullback/wingback is a bit of a must these days. He's way, way off the likes of Trent, James etc. 

Harry Maguire and Luke Shaw have been atrocious this season. My biggest gripe with those two is both seem to be too mentally soft to deal with the pressure of playing for Man U. Once things go a bit awry, they get worse and worse. Maguire as captain of Man U is beyond hilarious tbh. 

Rogers for me, he's had big club management experience at Liverpool, nearly won the league and has lots of experience on top of that now, dominated Scotland which is no big deal but took Leicester to the next level and won FA cup. They couldn't get much better. I certainly don't think there is a better British manager about right now. 

53 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I agree on the defence. 

Wan Bisakka offers absolutely nothing going forward, which as a fullback/wingback is a bit of a must these days. He's way, way off the likes of Trent, James etc. 

Harry Maguire and Luke Shaw have been atrocious this season. My biggest gripe with those two is both seem to be too mentally soft to deal with the pressure of playing for Man U. Once things go a bit awry, they get worse and worse. Maguire as captain of Man U is beyond hilarious tbh. 

On that basis I don't get why they don't mould him as a centre half