Premier League 21/22

16 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Some of the interviews with Burnley players and fans did seem to imply it was time for a change.

However, keeping him until the season’s end may have led to the old ‘mutual consent’ and saved them a few quid compensation.

One on radio this morning said she was still happy he was sacked. 

They also have an awful "Everyone is against us" attitude.

I have a friend who is a Liverpool fan and I poo you not, every single game these past few weeks he has been slating the refs in every Liverpool and Man City game.

Stating that they're all against Liverpool and they all want City to win the league and therefore have all been bias towards City.

His latest rant went all the way back to a penalty not given against City for Everton. 

Apparently, the ref, the people in VAR were all from Manchester and they didn't give the penalty because they hate Liverpool.

2 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

One on radio this morning said she was still happy he was sacked. 

She might want to read this: 

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/burnley-fcs-relegation-shakespeare-himself-could-not-have-plotted-a-worse-ending-dave-thomas-column-3705562

They're right in the sh*t and it's completely of their own doing. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Re. ‘Why do people not like Liverpool’…

I know social media brings out the idiots, but this is the kind of tripe that a disproportionate amount of Liverpool fans seem to believe.

E050D55C-3E31-45E8-BB70-8DC19FFD3770.png

image.png.cd02d100d7bec7a9c13044f06b2eb950.png

I wonder which one old Si Steers is actually from. I'll wager it's not the city in the middle. 

Also - the idea that all City fans are plastics and day trippers who don't really care, whilst all Liverpool fans are 100 percent authentic, is the biggest load of cobblers. 

One of my best mates is a Man City fan. He's 36 years of age and he watched them nearly f*ck it up in a play off final against Gillingham in 1999. That was the year that their nearest and dearest rivals won the treble. 

He's had to watch the likes of Jamie Pollock, Antoine Sibierski and a fat Robbie Fowler among many others. 

Yes, Man City are now a super club and they are financially backed by a state and I don't overly care for what they've become, but to suggest that the 30 odd thousand who used to go to Maine Road when they were in Division Two are not real football fans is so in keeping with the mindset and arrogance of certain Liverpool supporters. 

The best bit is Liverpool are a bigger club than Man City and actually have far more plastic, jokey, crappy, couldn't spell Anfield, let alone actually to go it fans than most clubs, bar possibly Man U. 

If Many City are what stands between us and Liverpool dominating English football at the present time then so be it. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

I wonder which one old Si Steers is actually from. I'll wager it's not the city in the middle. 

Also - the idea that all City fans are plastics and day trippers who don't really care, whilst all Liverpool fans are 100 percent authentic, is the biggest load of cobblers. 

One of my best mates is a Man City fan. He's 36 years of age and he watched them nearly f*ck it up in a play off final against Gillingham in 1999. That was the year that their nearest and dearest rivals won the treble. 

He's had to watch the likes of Jamie Pollock, Antoine Sibierski and a fat Robbie Fowler among many others. 

Yes, Man City are now a super club and they are financially backed by a state and I don't overly care for what they've become, but to suggest that the 30 odd thousand who used to go to Maine Road when they were in Division Two are not real football fans is so in keeping with the mindset and arrogance of certain Liverpool supporters. 

The best bit is Liverpool are a bigger club than Man City and actually have far more plastic, jokey, crappy, couldn't spell Anfield, let alone actually to go it fans than most clubs, bar possibly Man U. 

If Many City are what stands between us and Liverpool dominating English football at the present time then so be it. 

Its amazing when Liverpool and Man Yoo fans call all Chelsea and City fans plastic who only started supporting them when they got rich owners.

So when did they start supporting Man United and Liverpool....

And the Emptyhad jibes from those who never go to Old Trafford or Anfield.

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/burnley-fcs-relegation-shakespeare-himself-could-not-have-plotted-a-worse-ending-dave-thomas-column-3705562

I've got a very good mate who is best mates with Dyche so I'll pick his brains over the summer

1 hour ago, scram said:

I've got a very good mate who is best mates with Dyche so I'll pick his brains over the summer

Be interesting to see what he says.

If that article is true, then what a shame.

Dyche, those in charge (pre-takeover) had done a brilliant job of taking Burnley from Championship mediocrity to a relatively solid PL outfit.

And that appears to have been thrown down the tubes by those above Dyche for a leveraged buyout.

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

It says kop st share on his bio. Reckon he has a mate who let's him use his season ticket for cup games and when he's got a wedding on? 

2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

It says kop st share on his bio. Reckon he has a mate who let's him use his season ticket for cup games and when he's got a wedding on? 

Probably. 

Most boring, self entitled, sanctimonious fanbase in the country. 

It "means more" and they do things the "proper" way. 

These fans seem to ignore the fact that their owners are billionaires who own the Boston Red Sox among other thing. They can splash 50 odd million on Luis Dias in January, but you'd think they're paupers or something. A day won't go by that you don't see a Liverpool player or even the manager promoting/flogging some product on your tv screen. 

Absolutely bore the t*ts off me. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Be interesting to see what he says.

If that article is true, then what a shame.

Dyche, those in charge (pre-takeover) had done a brilliant job of taking Burnley from Championship mediocrity to a relatively solid PL outfit.

And that appears to have been thrown down the tubes by those above Dyche for a leveraged buyout.

It's interesting because Dyche is extremely studious about his role - he is so thorough

I've worked with him a bit and like him but more so some of his staff - Ian Woan and Tony Roche are really decent guys

I don't know him well enough to call him or anything - but i do know quite a bit about how he operates and he is really impressive

If he was shafted from above and hung on for a pay off then i don't blame him - he has done absolute wonders for that club and built them from a wreck to a PL club with a Cat 1 academy and state of the art training facilities

Nothing lasts forever but if he was backed and supported then Burnley would be a very strong club - they are already talking about downgrading their academy which will cost them in status and grants - and for the marginal amount it costs for a PL club that seems really significant tbh

4 hours ago, SiJ said:

That’s the thing. They’re all aware of what’s to come - but still it seems they’d had enough of Dyche. 

39 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

That’s the thing. They’re all aware of what’s to come - but still it seems they’d had enough of Dyche. 

Yeah, I was reading an Athletic article and they were saying the players needed a new voice. 

Sounds like it has all has collapsed like a house of cards.

Former Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany is in talks with Burnley about their vacant manager's job after leaving his role as Anderlecht boss.

Kompany, 36, has left by mutual consent after finishing third in the league and runners-up in the Belgian Cup final.

It is understood Kompany is the main candidate.  

On 25/05/2022 at 21:14, Kopparberg said:

Former Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany is in talks with Burnley about their vacant manager's job after leaving his role as Anderlecht boss.

Kompany, 36, has left by mutual consent after finishing third in the league and runners-up in the Belgian Cup final.

It is understood Kompany is the main candidate.  

Finishing 3rd in a one horse race and runners up in the cup. 

Impressive