Premier League 21/22

next season is gonna be so weird with the world cup crowbarred into the middle of it

Like many teams i don't think Leeds will send the season without having to look over their shoulder because thats the way the relegation shakedown often plays out

It wasn't  too long back that Brentford were looking shakey - Everton plummeted and so to an extent did Leeds - while Newcastle just accelerated away from what looked a certain relegation battle

I think the scare they've had will ensure Leeds plug the weaknesses at the back and up top - but as we saw this season a strategic injury or 2 can be a killer

They likely lose Raphinia. 

Imagine Philips will stick it out for another season unless they get a huge bid. 

Not sure about that keeper, most of the backline and they need another striker given Bamford's injury issues. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Dyche won 4 games out of 30.

Jackson won 3 out of 8.

Burnley were always going down. Dyche was only taking them one way, it was a reasonable gamble that in the end didn't quite pay off. 

If they were always going down, then there was no point sacking Dyche and having to pay him off with x amount. 

They sacked him with little thought as to a replacement and have ended up paying the price. 

They now have to pay off a 60 million pound loan due to that relegation. That's quite the gamble not to quite pay off. 

Just now, SiJ said:

If they were always going down, then there was no point sacking Dyche and having to pay him off with x amount. 

They sacked him with little thought as to a replacement and have ended up paying the price. 

They now have to pay off a 60 million pound loan due to that relegation. That's quite the gamble not to quite pay off. 

Think Dyche was on his way out sacked or walking regardless of what division they were playing in. Didn't look the same gritty hard to beat Burnley side all season. 

They sacked him because they had just lost to one of the worst teams to grace the Premier League in Norwich and had only won 4 games all season. Only 1 win in their first 21 games.

Agreed about the replacement though. Should have got a better manager in. But having said that 3 wins for Jackson in 8 games is more than Dyche had managed in 30. Perhaps should have got rid of Dyche earlier. 

Dyche may have won every remaining game

We'll never know but we can endlessly argue about it

How many times has Dyche been in the champs and how many times has he been promoted?

Good luck Burnley...

I will agree that the most unforgivable part is sacking Dyche and having zero idea as to his replacement. 

I suppose relegation for Burnley was a case of when rather than if. They have been punching above their weight since they got in the PL and it's actually felt the more minor miracles Dyche pulled off, the less resources he was given each summer to improve them. 

Now, not really sure what the future holds for them. The whole takeover just doesn't sound right and I for the life of me can't work out why you would sign up to an agreement where you end up having to pay off 60 odd million because you got relegated. Of course, that could be because those taking over were desperate for funding (to complete their purchase) and were willing to sign up to just about anything to secure it. 

19 minutes ago, scram said:

Dyche may have won every remaining game

We'll never know but we can endlessly argue about it

How many times has Dyche been in the champs and how many times has he been promoted?

Good luck Burnley...

True but I genuinely think Dyche and Burnley was coming to a natural end. If they'd kept him I doubt he'd have been manager next season.

Don't think Burnley will be challenging for promotion next season but it will all depend on who takes the hot seat.

I personally think they should do everything they can to get Wilder. That squad with a few additions would be ideal for someone like him.

If they go the foreign route I can see it back firing on them. 

What an end to a season that was. Can't argue that it's the best league in the world. Only the Serie A was worthy of a side note this season as the bundesliga, la liga and ligue un were wrapped up ages ago. The two best teams in world football for the last 5 years have been english, throwing in chelsea too winning the champions league. Relegation going to the last day, champions league, europa league, everything going down to the last day was brilliant. Ideal scenario like most was City winning the title and Leeds down, but my hatred for liverpool is 10x worse than it is for Leeds so i'm not complaining too much about the outcome. Quite enjoyed seeing Rapinha in the stands and his mrs getting some coverage too

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Only the Serie A was worthy of a side note this season

It was a long wait for Inter and AC to get back on top but it shows it can be done. 

(Those going against City will have to try and do the same)

1 minute ago, Kopparberg said:

It was a long wait for Inter and AC to get back on top but it shows it can be done. 

(Those going against City will have to try and do the same)

i've been invested heavily in serie a this season, every saturday and sunday night on bt they have had some amazing games. Last minute winners, VAR, it's been a very good league. Obviously the quality isn't as high as a few other leagues but until Napoli blew up about a month ago, it looked like a three horse race right to the end. Good to see AC win it, Leao looks like a world beater and someone to get into the bracket of the new superstars. And good to see Tammy Abraham and Tomori doing so well over there

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Dyche was happy to go. Just bided his time for his payout. I know a bit about the behind the scenes at Burnley. Watch this space. Car crash. 

Wasn't there supposed to have been a bit of a rumpus involving Dyche and one of the players which lead to his sacking?

But the takeover has turned them into a basket case financially; if they don't get back up pretty quickly they'll be the next Derby.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Dyche was happy to go. Just bided his time for his payout. I know a bit about the behind the scenes at Burnley. Watch this space. Car crash. 

Yes a Burnley fan I spoke to said Dyche was losing interest in it all. Wasn’t particularly bothered when he left. 

Burnley could be in for a tough ride with their new owners. I suppose they’ve had their time in the sun for a club of its size! 

4 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Re. ‘Why do people not like Liverpool’…

I know social media brings out the idiots, but this is the kind of tripe that a disproportionate amount of Liverpool fans seem to believe.

E050D55C-3E31-45E8-BB70-8DC19FFD3770.png

The poor sods suffer so much misery we could never understand.....

Screenshot_20220523-144100_Opera.jpg