Premier League 21/22

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I agree that City will win the league, but think 4th is 50/50 and Leeds still might weasel their way out if it. Although that final one is possibly my pessimism talking.

Arsenal are in the driving seat, but I'd take Spurs' last 2 fixtures against Burnley and Norwich. Arsenal going to Newcastle on a Monday night needing something is almost vintage Arsenal banana skin. 

Can't see Leeds winning either of the last 2 either.

Guest Mcguigan

Out with brother in law last night, home and away Leeds for years. His take on was that obviously he wants PL survival but he’s really not bothered about a return to the Championship, in fact he’d look forward to it. At least it’s competitive.

When Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea have players that can’t even make match day squads yet would walk into your first team, what’s the point.

You’re just cannon fodder in the race for a top four spot. Short of a NUFC style takeover, what’s the point in your main objective being getting to 40 points every season.

They are down though.

52 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Out with brother in law last night, home and away Leeds for years. His take on was that obviously he wants PL survival but he’s really not bothered about a return to the Championship, in fact he’d look forward to it. At least it’s competitive.

When Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea have players that can’t even make match day squads yet would walk into your first team, what’s the point.

You’re just cannon fodder in the race for a top four spot. Short of a NUFC style takeover, what’s the point in your main objective being getting to 40 points every season.

They are down though.

I know a Norwich fan who says similar.

He genuinely doesn't care when they get relegated, as he can look forward to winning more than a handful games next season, at least.

It's sad that's what football has become, really.

2 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

They are down though.

Pretty much. 

For most, the name of the game is survival and that's about it. 

Hey, if you are lucky, you might have a "great" season and finish 7th to 9th. 

It's proper sh*t really. 

Guest Mcguigan
1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Pretty much. 

For most, the name of the game is survival and that's about it. 

Hey, if you are lucky, you might have a "great" season and finish 7th to 9th. 

It's proper sh*t really. 

Spend £240m like Villa to constantly finish outside the top 10.

What’s the point?

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

Spend £240m like Villa to constantly finish outside the top 10.

What’s the point?

That's the reality most miss in their lust to get to the PL.

Best thing to do is ensure PL survival and go all out in the cups - unless a bit better placed then aim to get into and do well in Europe

Not much else can be done really

Leeds losing. Good old Brighton.

Leicester winning as Vardy scores again, they are different animal when he is fit and playing.  He is going to be impossible to replace when he finally comes back to S6 to finish his playing career.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Even if City lose this game (they probably won’t) I still can’t see Liverpool winning the title. GD could well be the difference. 

Liverpool have to go to saints next, they could easily win that by 5 goals.  I’ve been at saints for the 0-9 Leicester and the 0-6 Chelsea game this season, sometimes the saints just don’t bother trying and that could easily happen on Tuesday .  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Liverpool have to go to saints next, they could easily win that by 5 goals.  I’ve been at saints for the 0-9 Leicester and the 0-6 Chelsea game this season, sometimes the saints just don’t bother trying and that could easily happen on Tuesday .  

This is actually really interesting