Jump to content

Forest want Palmer.... we must sell !


Recommended Posts

Guest Grandad

The fact he's being chased by a Championship team tells you all you need about his ability. 

 

And still the idiots insist on pulling him down. We get what we deserve as fans sometimes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

Johnson has been brought in as a winger; Paterson hasn’t got a tackle in him; Iorfa is the best centre-half at the club and must be played as one. We’d be exposed. We need another fullback; two if Palmer leaves. 


I remember when we played Mark Beevers at left back for 15+ games last time in this league and didn’t lose a game…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Grandad said:

The fact he's being chased by a Championship team tells you all you need about his ability. 

 

And still the idiots insist on pulling him down. We get what we deserve as fans sometimes

 

Well said.

 

Palmer has developed into a solid-enough Championship squad player these days, and yet to hear some tell it he's terrible.

 

He's a useful player to have in our squad, and if he goes, we'll need to replace him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Grandad said:

The fact he's being chased by a Championship team tells you all you need about his ability. 

 

And still the idiots insist on pulling him down. We get what we deserve as fans sometimes

I agree Palmer is a consistent performer generally stays injury free for me he as to play right back or fight for that spot 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

The fact he's being chased by a Championship team tells you all you need about his ability. 

 

And still the idiots insist on pulling him down. We get what we deserve as fans sometimes

You only have to look at our own recruitment as a championship side to know that is not necessarily an indicator of ability.

 

We now have a better right back in Hunt. 
 

Palmer does a decent job at left back but he’s very right footed which affects the balance of the team.

 

Hopefully Brown and/or Gibson prove to be better options for that position.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

The fact he's being chased by a Championship team tells you all you need about his ability. 

 

And still the idiots insist on pulling him down. We get what we deserve as fans sometimes


Would you rather he leaves for free at the end of the season?

 

Or do you want us to start running the club properly and sell on players before they leave for nowt? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Grandad
Just now, SallyCinnamon said:


Would you rather he leaves for free at the end of the season?

 

Or do you want us to start running the club properly and sell on players before they leave for nowt? 

I'd rather we offer him a contract now (or a couple of months ago)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I'd rather we offer him a contract now (or a couple of months ago)


I was told months ago that Palmer wants a new challenge. Maybe he doesn’t want to sign a new deal? Forest would be a decent move for him - division higher and won’t have to up route. 

 

I’d cash in what we can now and thank him for his services

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:


Would you rather he leaves for free at the end of the season?

 

Or do you want us to start running the club properly and sell on players before they leave for nowt? 

It’s not as simple as that though is it?

 

What if we know we can’t replace him for the money we’re receiving? Should we sell him and have to spend more to replace him netting us a loss? Should we sell him and not replace him and then have to break up our first choice central defensive partnership when Hunt can’t play? Neither of those 2 options sound like running a club properly. 

 

If we can replace with better for the money then fine, if not he’s worth more to us than the offer and we should keep him, even if that means him leaving for nothing at the end of the season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:


I was told months ago that Palmer wants a new challenge. Maybe he doesn’t want to sign a new deal? Forest would be a decent move for him - division higher and won’t have to up route. 

 

I’d cash in what we can now and thank him for his services

If that's the truth then yes sell depending on the size of the fee if I were at the club I would be trying to tie him down to a new deal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Random Task said:

It’s not as simple as that though is it?

 

What if we know we can’t replace him for the money we’re receiving? Should we sell him and have to spend more to replace him netting us a loss? Should we sell him and not replace him and then have to break up our first choice central defensive partnership when Hunt can’t play? Neither of those 2 options sound like running a club properly. 

 

If we can replace with better for the money then fine, if not he’s worth more to us than the offer and we should keep him, even if that means him leaving for nothing at the end of the season. 


He’s not even in my starting 11. 
 

In my opinion Hunt is a better right back. I’d rather he didn’t play on the left as it’s not his natural position and unnecessarily ruins the balance of the team. I’d much rather have a natural left footer like Brown (who looks decent btw) or Gibson. 
 

I’d rather sell him now and make money than have him sitting on the bench. And I’m sure the player himself would rather play first team football at Forest than sat on the bench at a club from a lower division. 
 

We have plenty of cover at right back. Ideally you sign another one, but losing Palmer won’t impact our season in my opinion. Personally would push Paterson back to his natural position - never ever been a centre forward that lad.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:


He’s not even in my starting 11. 
 

In my opinion Hunt is a better right back. I’d rather he didn’t play on the left as it’s not his natural position and unnecessarily ruins the balance of the team. I’d much rather have a natural left footer like Brown (who looks decent btw) or Gibson. 
 

I’d rather sell him now and make money than have him sitting on the bench. And I’m sure the player himself would rather play first team football at Forest than sat on the bench at a club from a lower division. 
 

We have plenty of cover at right back. Ideally you sign another one, but losing Palmer won’t impact our season in my opinion. Personally would push Paterson back to his natural position - never ever been a centre forward that lad.

We don't have cover at all wouldn't trust nor do I rate Patterson 

Iorfa is a centre half if fit you wouldn't move him to right back therefore it's a throw up between hunt and Palmer for the spot

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t and never will understand the clamour to be rid of Palmer.

 

Fan of the club. Versatile across multiple positions. Proven availability with little history of injury or suspension lay offs. Always gives his all and won’t ever be one of the higher earners (even now). Well over 200 Championship appearances.

 

If the bid is high enough then I guess it’ll force the clubs hand, but we shouldn’t be in a rush. Squads need players like Palmer and ours is worse off this season if he leaves. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:


He’s not even in my starting 11. 
 

In my opinion Hunt is a better right back. I’d rather he didn’t play on the left as it’s not his natural position and unnecessarily ruins the balance of the team. I’d much rather have a natural left footer like Brown (who looks decent btw) or Gibson. 
 

I’d rather sell him now and make money than have him sitting on the bench. And I’m sure the player himself would rather play first team football at Forest than sat on the bench at a club from a lower division. 
 

We have plenty of cover at right back. Ideally you sign another one, but losing Palmer won’t impact our season in my opinion. Personally would push Paterson back to his natural position - never ever been a centre forward that lad.

He’s not in my first 11 either but we’ve recruited with enough focus to show we want 2 different players for each position. 

 

I’ve seen nothing from Paterson to make me think he’s a fullback, Iorfa needs to be in the middle with Hutchinson. 

 

I’m no massive Palmer fan, it’d be a good move for him and I hope we can move him on and replace him with better but he shouldn’t be going anywhere unless we know we can. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...