Donny Starting XI

17 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

The issue we have had in the 2 games is that we still have square pegs in round holes

Palmer isn’t a left back, Brown isn’t a forward and Green isn’t good enough

in the 2 games we have created absolutely nothing and seem to be just concentrating on not conceding. This to me is a worry

We have to get more support to the isolated front man. If that means getting more forward thinking players on the pitch then we have to do that, especially in the next 2 home games, which we should be winning 

Maybe try 3-5-2 with Gibson playing in defence. Brown and Hunt as wing backs and Theo playing alongside Kamberi

I would like us to play 3-5-2 with Kamberi and Gregory (when match fit) up top.  I do agree with the previous poster in that why doesn’t Moore use all his substitutions.  It doesn’t make sense to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

I’d like Green to try and get a few games and chance to play himself into a bit of form, hopefully fans don’t get on his back.

Agree, at least give Green another 45 mins. 

Early days fitness wise, with everyone, but with competition for the shirt, if Green isn't inspired to start producing soon, then he'll get left out. 

So great to see that we have options for a change!

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
18 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Disagree thought him and Hunt has the potential to link like Hunt and Wallace

Nah mate. Looked totally lost when he was on his right side. Played 40 odd games for Boro on the left side in the Championship. That’s where he must play.

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Pretty sure we end up with the following before long: 

BPF

Hunt

Iorfa

Hutchinson

Gibson

Adeniran

Bannan

Wing

Corbeanu

Gregory

Shodipo

Ye, obviously windass to throw into the mix too. The 3 of them look like proper wide attackers who will be further up the pitch and will get closer to our striker.

I would like to get a proper DCM in that central midfield. We didn’t have one yesterday, they all dropped deep at times but more often than not it was Baz. I’d rather him be further up the pitch on the left hand side. If we need to put Luongo back in to play DCM, let’s do it! 

Edited by Bouncing Owl

3 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Ye, obviously windass to throw into the mix too. The 3 of them look like proper wide attackers who will be further up the pitch and will get closer to our striker.

I would like to get a proper DCM in that central midfield. We didn’t have one yesterday, they all dropped deep at times but more often than not it was Baz. I’d rather him be further up the pitch on the left hand side. If we need to put Luongo back in to play DCM, let’s do it! 

Exactly

You can interchange Windass, Green, Shodipo and Corbeanu

You can interchange Gregory, Kamberi and Paterson

And those players can be 433, 451, 442 or 4231

Edited by McRightSide

36 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Nah mate. Looked totally lost when he was on his right side. Played 40 odd games for Boro on the left side in the Championship. That’s where he must play.

Wallace hadnt played that much on the right when he came to us.

Has a good left foot and can hit a ball. RM in a 442 for me.

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

Green has been good enough before, he has however been out for a very long time and needs a run of games to gain some form, confidence and match sharpness. 

At the risk of looking like I'm going on an anti-Green run... when was this?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

BPF

Hutch.  Iorfa   Gibson 

Hunt   Adeniran    Bannan   Johnson 

Wing

Gregory   Kamberi 

Really like the look of that team.  I've seen Gibson play and he would fit into a back 3 very nicely and will be a step up on having Palmer as a left back.  It allows one of the centre backs to step up into midfield when we are in possession.  

Plus having two players up top supporting each other should hopefully create more threat to the opposition defence which we struggle with.  

Corbeanu can come in as one of the supporting strikers too.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

At the risk of looking like I'm going on an anti-Green run... when was this?

He looked pretty special when he broke through at Villa. Whilst I find Tim Sherwood questionable, he likened Green to a young Ronaldo. Now, I’m not saying he’s anything like Ronaldo, but he has more than enough in his locker to be a standout player at this level.