Donny Starting XI

For me it’s academic picking formations in the first few games. We just aren’t privy to the condition and sharpness of he players, let alone how the new boys are settling. I see DM selecting players in the first few games that may not be our best but may be sharper, fitter etc.

I know we need a physical presence up top in this league of agricultural CB’s as witnessed today.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Seen nothing from brown to merit a start..and why drop Palmer?

Brown's played as a LW both games, and Palmer offered nothing in the final third. 

At home I'd like both the fullbacks to offer more end product and cover the ground and think Hunt and brown offer better balance doing that. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

After watching game brown at LB would add some balance to the defence at minute their all right footed and it showed a couple of times when Hutchinson chipped it wide to palmer who had to control it and then cut back to his right 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

We’re trying to play it out from the back without a left footer in the back line. Palmer can barely pass forward from the left and it basically cuts off a third of the pitch from our build up play

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

BPF

Hunt Iorfa Hutchinson Brown

Adeniran Bannan

Johnson Wing Shodipo

Gregory 

I’d like Johnson on the left. Looked out of place on the right

8 hours ago, fudge27 said:

BPF

Hunt

Iorfa

Hutchinson 

Brown

Bannan

Adeniran 

Corbeanu 

Wing

Johnson

Kamberi 

Would like Luongo or Byers to get some minutes and Gregory too at some point. 

Yeah I’d be happy with that, Palmer doesn’t provide the right balance as a left back and Green shouldn’t be playing when the new guys are available.

Its interesting what Moore said about Gibson made it sound like he might play quite often.   

As mentioned in another thread, we also have the players available to play a 352 system.  With Johnson or Brown as the left wing back.  

BPF

Hutch.  Iorfa   Gibson 

Hunt   Adeniran    Bannan   Johnson 

Wing

Gregory   Kamberi 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m not a fan of changing a back four that keeps clean sheets. So I’d keep them the same. Front four largely depends on fitness, sharpness etc and what Moore considers Doncaster weaknesses.

I’d like Green to try and get a few games and chance to play himself into a bit of form, hopefully fans don’t get on his back.

Our squad depth looks decent but we didn’t make a third sub yesterday which surprised me. If nothings happening up top surely give some minutes to one of new lads in last 15-20? 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I’m not a fan of changing a back four that keeps clean sheets. So I’d keep them the same. Front four largely depends on fitness, sharpness etc and what Moore considers Doncaster weaknesses.

I’d like Green to try and get a few games and chance to play himself into a bit of form, hopefully fans don’t get on his back.

Our squad depth looks decent but we didn’t make a third sub yesterday which surprised me. If nothings happening up top surely give some minutes to one of new lads in last 15-20? 

The issue we have had in the 2 games is that we still have square pegs in round holes

Palmer isn’t a left back, Brown isn’t a forward and Green isn’t good enough

in the 2 games we have created absolutely nothing and seem to be just concentrating on not conceding. This to me is a worry

We have to get more support to the isolated front man. If that means getting more forward thinking players on the pitch then we have to do that, especially in the next 2 home games, which we should be winning 

Maybe try 3-5-2 with Gibson playing in defence. Brown and Hunt as wing backs and Theo playing alongside Kamberi

No way Green can justify a start after two shocking games. He has to play his way into the team now.

Peacock-Farrell 

Hunt  Iorfa  Hutchinson  Brown

Bannan  Luongo

Wing

Shodipo                         Johnson

Gregory

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Totally agree with regards back 4 - the final 3rd will come but I think we need to play 2 up top to give us the best chance of scoring

10 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

The issue we have had in the 2 games is that we still have square pegs in round holes

Palmer isn’t a left back, Brown isn’t a forward and Green isn’t good enough

in the 2 games we have created absolutely nothing and seem to be just concentrating on not conceding. This to me is a worry

We have to get more support to the isolated front man. If that means getting more forward thinking players on the pitch then we have to do that, especially in the next 2 home games, which we should be winning 

Maybe try 3-5-2 with Gibson playing in defence. Brown and Hunt as wing backs and Theo playing alongside Kamberi

Palmer is more than capable at LB. 2 clean sheets in 2 games supports that. 

Brown looked ok, but just ok and I think that’s as good as we’re getting so I’d welcome Johnson or AN Other swapping in there. 

Green has been good enough before, he has however been out for a very long time and needs a run of games to gain some form, confidence and match sharpness. 

Between Green, Shopido, Windass and Theo I’d expect plenty of goal threat in support of whoever is leading the line. Lots of games and opportunities for all.