New signings - first impression

I thought the new players were all good.  Ironically it was Green and Palmer (as a left back) that were the worry before and then after the game.  I’d be starting Gibson as left back and Johnson or Corbeanu instead of Green.

You’d hope that Bannan and Wing will be more creative against weaker sides in this league, but creating chances for Kamberi and Gregory etc still looks to be the main issue. 

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

Awful watch, but far far far too early in to write them off yet.

You cannot write off any player after one match. But it was pretty horrible to watch from both sides with little creativity and no shots to speak of. This is the third division and the quality of the players is one notch down on the quality in the Championship. 

• Like 1

They didn't lose, lot of new names to learn,  Charlton Athletic didn't show any overwhelming superiority against SWFC.

The new guys did as well as could be expected,  better really, given that they've all just met each other.  I thought CAFC would get 2 goals,  but they didn't even test BPF,  was kind of hoping for such a test, just to see...

It wasn't the ideal outcome, but it's a point towards promotion.

UTO.

13 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

I really like Adeniran. Think he’s got cult hero potential.

Everyone else I’ll reserve judgement on. No one on the pitch, except for Green, was ‘bad’ today. 

But I really like little Dennis. He’s a scamp.

Agree

Easy to say but I see a bit of Semedo in him , combative, likes a challenge sort of either way and can win a foul, and and seems can get his head up and pass too

first touch and awareness to improve 

Did commentator say Everton paid Fulham £4 million for him ?!

Hunt fitted in like he'd never been away. Very good business for a player at this level.

Adeniran looked energetic and solid in the tackle. Think he will need time as he's had so little pro experience but there's good potential there and it's good to see Moore trusting some of the youngsters from the off.

Brown impressed me despite being a LB not LW. Looks quick and surprisingly strong for a full back, and composed on the ball. Definately see him as our first choice LB.

Kamberi started well but faded 2nd half, but had a lack of service. Reminded me a little of Nuhiu in his stature and style of play.

Johnson didn't make as much of an impact as I hoped, but hopefully down to rust like a lot of them. He should be starting over Green very soon though based on his poor performance.

Wing was quiet. Needs to get more involved and influence games more as he has the ability. Hopefully again will improve with fitness.

BPF had nothing to do but looks composed.

2 hours ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

Agree

Easy to say but I see a bit of Semedo in him , combative, likes a challenge sort of either way and can win a foul, and and seems can get his head up and pass too

first touch and awareness to improve 

Did commentator say Everton paid Fulham £4 million for him ?!

Yep I saw some Semedo in him too. And has the potential to be more than just an enforcer, as he can drive forwards and play a pass too. Was bought by Everton as a youngster but Prem teams often pay silly money for kids nowadays. Showed they saw potential though.

It was difficult to judge on todays game. Everytime any of our players beat a man they got hacked down or rugby tackled. Adeniran probably had the worst of it, he was lively but got hacked at least half a dozen times. Not dirty fouls but professional. A few more cards might have improved the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought they all did OK in patches. I liked how Wing and Adeniran were looking to pass forwards and support the attacks, rather than just look for Bannan. 

I wasn’t overly convinced by BPF at times but I imagine he just needs to sharpen up and build an understanding with the defence. 

17 hours ago, jrh said:

Obviously is very, very early days so no judgement as yet but thought we'd get some opinions.

Brown - very impressed. Would like to see him at left back but thought he looked energetic, pacy and made good decisions with the ball. 

Wing - thought he was quiet but looks to have a decent touch and wants the ball. 

Adineran - again showed a bit of energy, looked confident on the ball. Not sure about his first touch at times but like above, very early days. 

BPF - don't think he had a shot to save, one good punch from a cross. Other than that not much to say. 

Kamberi - first half, I thought he made some good runs and made some good passes and touches. Second half I thought he was very poor. 

Johnson - looked reasonably lively but not much opportunity to make any sort of real comment. 

Hunt - never rated him so my opinion is probably skewed. Just hope that in league one he is more of an asset than a liability. 

Hunt will be in EFL 1 team of the year cone the end of the season 

think that will be all we need to know about him 

some however will think he’s not up to it 

mind boggles at times lad has taken us to two play offs in the championship 

Been in a defence that has equalled our best. Lean sheets in a season for two seasons 

and started the season with two clean sheets one against a team in a higher division one away to one of the divisions favourites in awful conditions to defend in