New signings - first impression

18 minutes ago, jrh said:

Obviously is very, very early days so no judgement as yet but thought we'd get some opinions.

Brown - very impressed. Would like to see him at left back but thought he looked energetic, pacy and made good decisions with the ball. 

Wing - thought he was quiet but looks to have a decent touch and wants the ball. 

Adineran - again showed a bit of energy, looked confident on the ball. Not sure about his first touch at times but like above, very early days. 

BPF - don't think he had a shot to save, one good punch from a cross. Other than that not much to say. 

Kamberi - first half, I thought he made some good runs and made some good passes and touches. Second half I thought he was very poor. 

Johnson - looked reasonably lively but not much opportunity to make any sort of real comment. 

Hunt - never rated him so my opinion is probably skewed. Just hope that in league one he is more of an asset than a liability. 

Hunt looked a class apart today. 

• Like 1

Agree with the OP apart from the Hunt bit obviously. 

I think everyone did well considering it’s match number 1

I didn’t expect sexy football as I thought Charlton would come at us. 

Nice and resolute really with some glimpses of what we can do. 

• Like 1

Adeniran - really like him, got legs, puts his foot in but also a bit of skill. Just lacked a bit of composure in the final third. A lot of people didn't have him in their XI before the game, but I think he will keep Luongo out more often than not. I think he'll be a key player.

Wing - was quiet. Played better last week. In some ways similar to Bannan in looking to drop into space and ping the pass - will it be class having two of them, or will they get in each others way?

Kamberi - looked promising, good movement, on the last shoulder. Wide players and midfield didn't get close enough to give him support. He's not very good in the air though, going to have to be into feet.

Brown - The signing I'm least convinced about, although he showed a good turn of pace and bit of skill today. Does he have cutting edge in final third though?

Hunt - Not really a new signing, we already know he's a good player.

BPF - Didn't have much to do, but worried that he doesn't look the most imposing from crosses. That might be weakness this season as our centre-backs aren't amazing in the air either. We saw last week his shot-stopping and footwork is good.

Johnson - thought he did a good job in shoring up the right flank, Charlton were having a bit of joy down that side before he came on.

Really want to see Corbeanu in action now.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

I really like Adeniran. Think he’s got cult hero potential.

Everyone else I’ll reserve judgement on. No one on the pitch, except for Green, was ‘bad’ today. 

But I really like little Dennis. He’s a scamp.

That was my feeling even after the Huddersfield game. He’s got the potential to be a real crowd favourite with his energetic displays. A real box to box midfielder.

BPF - not much to do really, distribution was ok

Hunt - faultless, didn’t put a foot wrong all game

Adeniran - worked very hard, think he’ll be a big player for us this season

Wing - good deliveries, quiet second half though

Kamberi - lots of smart movement but touch let him down once or twice, feeding off scraps to be fair 

8 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Brown - The signing I'm least convinced about, although he showed a good turn of pace and bit of skill today. Does he have cutting edge in final third though?.

…. he’s a left back to be fair

I imagine we’ll get a chance to judge him there when we can play some wingers 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jrh said:

Obviously is very, very early days so no judgement as yet but thought we'd get some opinions.

Brown - very impressed. Would like to see him at left back but thought he looked energetic, pacy and made good decisions with the ball. 

Wing - thought he was quiet but looks to have a decent touch and wants the ball. 

Adineran - again showed a bit of energy, looked confident on the ball. Not sure about his first touch at times but like above, very early days. 

BPF - don't think he had a shot to save, one good punch from a cross. Other than that not much to say. 

Kamberi - first half, I thought he made some good runs and made some good passes and touches. Second half I thought he was very poor. 

Johnson - looked reasonably lively but not much opportunity to make any sort of real comment. 

Hunt - never rated him so my opinion is probably skewed. Just hope that in league one he is more of an asset than a liability. 

One shot on target according to the BBC from us.

40 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

I really like Adeniran. Think he’s got cult hero potential.

Everyone else I’ll reserve judgement on. No one on the pitch, except for Green, was ‘bad’ today. 

But I really like little Dennis. He’s a scamp.

We need to get him in the penalty area more, we could win the league on pens.

Aderinan looked different class, shields the ball well, wins fouls while sticking in a good challenge himself. If he was a freebie, he could be up there with the best signings of the season, for this league.

BPF looks like a real good prospect, handled himself well and Charlon's big striker Stockley didn't enjoy crashing into him.

Brown had alot of energy and got himself into brilliant positions. 

Wing is taller than I thought, very handy player. 

Kamberi is a unit, possibly a yard off fitness. He'll be good once he's upto pace, although playing 1 striker means Lee Gregory will be first choice.

Green, whilst not being a new player, was terrible today. Although the Charlton players didn't give him any space, like Brown got on the opposite flank. He didn't get the ball in the box at any opportunity. I expect alot from him, the way he talks about Premier League ambitions. He has the attributes, can't tell if it's the application or quality that's letting him down.

Adeniran will be huge for us, I’m convinced. 

Can see why Everton paid £4m for him. When did we last have a midfielder who can let the ball run across his body and charge forward? 

Hopefully playing with Bannan will give him the guidance/experience  he needs because OMG I’m excited about him