Sean Clare

It will be telling for this man playing for the Addicks, he will undoubtedly wonder as he lines up against his former club if he made the correct decisions.    He may wonder if he could have had a better career had he stayed with us.   Maybe not given where we are now, but things might well have been different for him had he stayed.

He has been moved back to CM where he played for us from fullback where he played mainly for Hearts, and we know he can be very direct in his running with the ball.    Since Hearts he's hit the heady heights of Oxford and Burton.   He's expected to start tomorrow, which I believe would be his first competitive game for Charlton.   Their fans are expecting a lot from him, believing him to be a diamond in the rough, who has had a few bad knocks in the game but will come good with them.

I think however, his inclusion will mean we have the run of the midfield in this game and come out victorious.

It could be an eye opener tomorrow.   Who has fallen more from grace?

Clare falling from grace only affects him.

Wednesday falling from grace affects 25k active supporters plus tens of thousands of others who no longer go for assorted reasons, yet still love the club.

As they say here, do the math!

• Like 1

Sean Clare was like so many youngsters who came out the the academy at Hillsborough, overhyped by fans off the back of a handful of games.

His career has hardly seen the meteoric rise that some predicted when he left the club and if he lines up against us today, it wouldn’t surprise me if we see exactly why.

8 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

It will be telling for this man playing for the Addicks, he will undoubtedly wonder as he lines up against his former club if he made the correct decisions.    He may wonder if he could have had a better career had he stayed with us.   Maybe not given where we are now, but things might well have been different for him had he stayed.

He has been moved back to CM where he played for us from fullback where he played mainly for Hearts, and we know he can be very direct in his running with the ball.    Since Hearts he's hit the heady heights of Oxford and Burton.   He's expected to start tomorrow, which I believe would be his first competitive game for Charlton.   Their fans are expecting a lot from him, believing him to be a diamond in the rough, who has had a few bad knocks in the game but will come good with them.

I think however, his inclusion will mean we have the run of the midfield in this game and come out victorious.

If he makes a darting run through midfield don’t let it happen again.  Just get Iorfa to snap him.  Job done

Guest T Hardy
8 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Fall from grace? He played a grand total of 5 games for us, I think as already said in this thread, massively overhyped by our fans, like anyone under the age of 21 who starts playing for us 

He’s still young, I don’t think he’s going to have an incredible career, but he could easily end up a decent Championship player 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Some of our fans are an embarrassment when young uns come through the ranks. Wildsmith and Dawson have always been awful yet still had many supporters last season. Liam Shaw does one 90 yard run against bloody Exeter and some of our fans think he’s the new Beckenbeur! Absolutely cringeworthy! We haven’t produced a decent player for years!

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

Pick anyone of of centre midfielders 

and I’m including dele, hunt, Hutchinson in there too and Claire could lace any of their boots 

as far as I’m concerned we can let him wander it only gives us more space 

Claire in a midfield coming up against 

Bannan, wing, adrienin, luongo or byres 

then trying to break through iorfa and Hutchinson 

or around hunt or Palmer 

or tracking back Johnson and corbeanu 

we’re going to make him look like the pub league player he is 

Guest T Hardy
18 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Some of our fans are an embarrassment when young uns come through the ranks. Wildsmith and Dawson have always been awful yet still had many supporters last season. Liam Shaw does one 90 yard run against bloody Exeter and some of our fans think he’s the new Beckenbeur! Absolutely cringeworthy! We haven’t produced a decent player for years!

I just touched on this in another thread, it is quite weird, if you leave Wednesday and you’re a youngster people hope the best for you here, if you’re not well you were just crap lol 

43 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Some of our fans are an embarrassment when young uns come through the ranks. Wildsmith and Dawson have always been awful yet still had many supporters last season. Liam Shaw does one 90 yard run against bloody Exeter and some of our fans think he’s the new Beckenbeur! Absolutely cringeworthy!  

The biggest surprise to me in all this is that it's the summer of 2021 and people are STILL using the word 'cringeworthy'

Owlstalk Shop