Charlton Ath -V- Wednesday OMDT

Nice one Snoots

Been looking forward to a fresh start in L1 since about halfway through last season tbh. 

feeling positive, and will still be feeling positive if we don’t get anything out of today. 

• Like 1

I’d really lost my love for this club in the last two seasons. My injury has stopped me going to hardly any games since late 2018 and then then pandemic hit anyway. I’d never felt such a disconnect and it really didn’t help my mental health as Wednesday were always such a distraction and escape for me. 

I’m now very excited for the season ahead. I may even manage a game or two (I will drag myself to Hillsborough if needs be if we’re up there towards the end of the season). 

If we lose today it’s fine. It’s a marathon, not a sprint. I’ve bought into this as a long term term project and I hope Moore is given the time to execute it.

Hope everyone going today has the best time and we better hear you loud and clear on the tv coverage! 

UTO! 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

7 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Morning all 😀

I'm hopeful for the season generally but not for this particular game.

Team needs to gel etc.

I'd take a point.

UTO

That's how I'm sort of feeling.

12 new players to incorporate is a lot.

Be quite surprised if we hit the ground running.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Yep!!

Screenshot (43).png

just don't forget about it.

I did the same with man city the other year with covid, won £30. forgot about the account. went inactive and they started charging me £5 a month inactivity change.
By the time I realised there was just £5 left.

min withdrawal was £10, so spunked it all on wednesday to beat Derby and stop up. that wen't well.

Edited by agentwalker
  • Haha 1

FOOTBALL

Wonderful to have it back isn’t it. No matter how big or small the gap between having regular football to watch, the first day of the season always feels so exciting doesn’t it? Glad to have your intros back to prep me for the day mi’lud.

Keeping it brief - to all those going, have a fantastic day and sing your bloody hearts out.

While my optimism for the season is growing, a note of caution on today, it’ll be a tough challenge. Going up against a team who’ll expect to be mixing it up at the top of the league and have had more time to gel than us, it’s a tough start. I’d happily take a point and wouldn’t see a defeat as a disaster. Darren’s the man, that much I’m confident of, so let’s give him the time and support to succeed.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!

• Like 1

I think the majority of us expected us to go down and drop straight through the league into league 2 but our summer recruitment seems to be really positive (although admittedly I hadn’t even heard of the majority of players we signed) and it’s put a bit of buzz back in the fan base.

For me, today is the start of the rebuild for the football club that should hopefully set us up for future seasons. It’s not necessarily about today, or this season,

it’s about getting the club back on track, pretty much a reboot and start again. Anything other than a relegation scrap is a bonus for me, top 6 would be an incredible achievement, (we know from past experiences that this league is not to be underestimated) but it’s all about putting the foundations in place.

• Like 1

Make no mistake, this is a toughie for a team of strangers. I fully expect a disjointed performance and a three nil loss. Colchester United all over again.

Anything better than that is a bonus.

Back in ‘04 we turned on Turners hastily assembled team straight away and it took a change of manager to get it gelled. 

We need to be patient. We have a good squad and a good manager who I believe is perfect for the modern era.

Let’s not underestimate Charlton. They too have a good manager and a better established core than us.

The early part of this season is going to test a few characters. Some players who we think are going to be superstars won’t last. Others will come to the fore. It’s going to be a long long season. It’s the league position in May that counts, not September.