Charlton Ath -V- Wednesday OMDT

7 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

For me this has the feeling of the 04/05 season big influx of players positivity around place then first game of season go out and loose three late goals 

However I can cope with that aslong as this season ends the way that one did 

Yes anything could happen today.  This is why I prefer to start seasons away from home as if you get spanked 3-0 it’s slightly less depressing.  

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, BIG D said:

Starting line up at Cardiff last season

FF9005EE-07C5-4958-B434-D3DFB6DDC672.jpeg.64c8c5a5cfc73634c81781bb74fccab0.jpeg

No wonder we lost with Ian Brown in CM. 

Excited about this one. Gonna be tough to get all the newbies to gel but a front 5 of Corbeanu, Wing, Johnson and Gregory and Bannan should be as good as anything in this league. 

UTMFO

22 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

For me this has the feeling of the 04/05 season big influx of players positivity around place then first game of season go out and loose three late goals 

However I can cope with that aslong as this season ends the way that one did 

Very good point and important for us fans to stick with the team and Moore even if we get off to a slow start.

Hopefully the difference will be Moore is a better manager than Turner and we won't be as slow out the blocks.

• Like 1

I'd take a point today, away from home, lots of new faces, against a team fancied for promotion. How I would LOVE a convincing win though, score some goals and ease some of the niggling doubts that always creep in this time of year. Come on you blues (pinks).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

No wonder we lost with Ian Brown in CM. 

Excited about this one. Gonna be tough to get all the newbies to gel but a front 5 of Corbeanu, Wing, Johnson and Gregory and Bannan should be as good as anything in this league. 

UTMFO

We actually beat them! Crazy I know. 

5 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Main thing is that if we lose it isn’t a big deal. 

It’s not. This is a must win game…..😐 I hope we don’t have too many of those this season, or if we do, they are for the right reason.

Good to have your OMDTs back Milord. Starts the steady trek towards Christmas. Dark nights coming etc, but hopefully this new team of ours will wipe away the total misery and gloom of the last few seasons. That’s what I’m hanging my hat on. Just to get a few smiles back. We might not go straight back up but let’s get some pride back into being a Wednesdayite.

Happy with a draw today by the way.

Up the Owls (the new and hopefully improved 2021 version).

Excellent thread M'Lord thanks.

Today's the day the fightback begins as we start a new era under Darren Moore with our squad,let's get behind each and everyone of them for every second of every game. 

We are the superlative, magnificent and resplendent Mighty Sheffield Wednesday.

C'mon you Wednesday boys

Nowt else matters 

WAWAW

Screenshot_2021-04-08-17-35-33-587 (300x267).jpg

• Like 2

Nothing screams L1 quite like an opening league game against a wee team like Charlton. Home games with Donny and Fleetwood to follow up too. Back down to earth with a bump. Hopefully it’s not a long stay in the division and we can get off to a flyer.

I think our squad is stronger than last season now after the latest recruitment. Good to get another good centre back in this morning. It will be interesting to see the lineup and how well the players settle with each other. I’m looking forward to seeing what Moore can get out of the squad. I think it will take a wee bit of time to get a rhythm going but the recruitment seems positive.

One thing I expect Clare to play out of his skin today. He’s going to be well up for this and have a point to prove. Interesting that they might be playing him in midfield, he wasn’t good enough to play there at Hearts and put in a load of mediocre performances there, a really nice laddie but he only really started to play half decent at Hearts when Stendel shifted him to full back. Conor Washington was rubbish as well. I’m not worried about either of them.

I’ve read they’ve got a few players missing today too so hopefully we can take advantage and get a result and kick off the season well!

• Like 1