Sheffield United fan who's played for us

I know it’s a different world to most jobs. But I couldn’t play for that lot. Don’t understand how any player can.

If you couldn’t play for your boyhood team, there are 91 other clubs in England. A few dozen up north, and hundreds more across continental Europe.

How the fizz can the only/best option be to turn out for some inbred ******** down the road? I’d play in Belarus, or Syria over an offer from S2.

• Like 5

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

3 hours ago, Neal M said:

I know it’s a different world to most jobs. But I couldn’t play for that lot. Don’t understand how any player can.

If you couldn’t play for your boyhood team, there are 91 other clubs in England. A few dozen up north, and hundreds more across continental Europe.

How the fizz can the only/best option be to turn out for some inbred ******** down the road? I’d play in Belarus, or Syria over an offer from S2.

If someone stupid enough offered me 10 grand a week to play for the pigs, I’d not only play for them but I’d shag the badge.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Were the guys who founded the blunts disgruntled Wednesday fans? 

This post has some merit. I believe when we left Bramhall Lane, the guy who owned the ground wanted a team to take the space, hence Sheffield United came into the fore fold. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, M Royds said:

This post has some merit. I believe when we left Bramhall Lane, the guy who owned the ground wanted a team to take the space, hence Sheffield United came into the fore fold. 

So years ago the nickname was the blades, and we dropped it for Owls, so old Wednesday fans supported the Blades. I would have called us THE TOP DOGS

3 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

So years ago the nickname was the blades, and we dropped it for Owls, so old Wednesday fans supported the Blades. I would have called us THE TOP DOGS

I think it was kivo that posted some historical researched  stuff which highlighted that United owe their very existence to Wednesday. 

• Like 1