Rate our Summer Recruitment out of 10

Rate our Summer Recruitment out of 10  

271 members have voted

1. 1. How good do you think Sheffield Wednesday's recruitment has been this summer?

I voted for  9. The only thing keeping it from a 10 was that a lot of players were able to join us so late so we are losing some valuable pre-season time. I don't think Moore could have done better considering the position we've been in for the last 1-2 years. His contacts and his persona and reputation have been invaluable. We have missed a charismatic bloke like he is so much.

Still, I'm not expecting too much of this season. I see it more or less an intermediate one where we have to stabilise things on and off the field and then go for the promotion the next season. I don't think Moore's team is ready yet.

Went for a 7.

Surprised we signed so many after all the financial woes (something changed behind the scenes?)

Brown, Adeniran , Shodipo unknown quantities , although the latter did well at this level last year.

Peacock-Farrell and Johnson , both a tad inconsistent at champ level but look like good solid signings for this league.

Hunt and (especially) Wing look like very shrewd acquisitions.

Gregory ,  at his best i can see why Moore would want him , a tad concerned at how little football he has had over the last year.

Karemberi and Corbineau , not seen enough to rate them but on the face of it good signings for this level.....Corbineau in particular is potentially an X factor type player that could catch the imagination.

Above all else , keeping hold of Bannan and Iorfa is huge , and I`m praying they dont leave before the window shuts.

8. Like many have already said, I'm nervous about how quickly the team can gel because of how late most deals we're done. Much better than I thought it was going to be just 3 weeks ago.  Need to get behind the team now and give them a chance - the second half of the season might be better than the first.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

This is a nagging worry for me. Hunt, Gregory. Johnson, Byers won’t have been cheap and we’re still carrying Bannan’s wedge plus the likes of Palmer, Luongo, Windass who will have accumulated a decent salary over their careers. I hope and pray we haven’t overstretched ourselves again. 

Yeah guess these players wont be cheap and the younger ones..  But we have shed a load of very high earners last year.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Yeah guess these players wont be cheap and the younger ones..  But we have shed a load of very high earners last year.

Also true and this year we’ll have fans back to create extra income. Financially it might stand or fall on the crowds we get plus the games we get televised.