Rate our Summer Recruitment out of 10

Rate our Summer Recruitment out of 10  

271 members have voted

1. 1. How good do you think Sheffield Wednesday's recruitment has been this summer?

i'm in the 5 camp as some i havnt heard  of and most the others i havnt seen play ...... moore seems to have got together a mix of young and experienced players lets hope he can get them to gel with what we have left over from last season . 

• Like 1

Gone for a 8 , don’t profess to know much about some of the signings but there seems to be a good mix of experience, potential and a couple of wildcards that could set this division alight 

love us to sign a beast of a centre half and we could be in business 

I hope we review in 6 months with more positivity then the last summer, where tbf on the face of it, I thought Monk had made some decent buys, but this feels different. 

The balance in terms of age, position and options feels much better this yesr, and I rate Moore much better then the fraud last summer who was hated by all the clubs he left unlike our dazza

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

I submitted my vote of 5...

Jury is out as i dont know any of them.bar Hunt...

Ask me after 10 games ..

I thankyou...

UTO.....

Agreed. Looks like a fantastic summer of recruitment on paper but we haven't played a league game yet. Should have a good feel by December 

• Like 2

I'd give it an 8. 

Good mix of players who have shown themselves recently to be of championship or division 1 quality and a few young players who have actually played at this level, but probably still have a lot to prove

And importantly, no players released because they never got over their injury a few years ago or got so old they can barely walk, or just aged out of the youth system and no one else would go near them.  I was expecting a 3/4 for recruitment at best.

Defensively we look sound with iorfa, hunt, hutch, palmer

the goalie is a gamble, I am not convinced he will last the season as first choice and as long as Westwood sits there without a club the pressure will be on if mistakes come

our midfield looks better wide than central. 

our strikers- nope.  Defenders in this league can head and knock it all day long. We don’t have the striker who will give us pace and power ( as Clarke Harris did for posh last season ).

I also worry about our financial position and maintain this squad feels heavy for the financial constraints we have.  

• Like 1

7czW.gif

I am trying to keep my under whelm under control. 

After 4 years of transfer fiasco which showed all the planning of picking names out of a hat, this summers transfers appear to have followed a proper scheme of advanced planning and foresight with direct input from a manager who knows this division. 

It's hard not to get excited. 

However, this must  be tempered with the knowledge that Rome wasnt built in a day, and there's a general cloud of gloom which still needs its last fluffy hangings to be swept away. 

That and the fact that many other teams have already had a head start. Teams that have been in this division a while and been gradually building. 

However... I'm pleased with the spread of signings...covering all major areas (would like one more centre back) and also pleased we havent fallen down the "names" trap as we have done previously. 

We may need some patience short to mid term this season. But overall, especially considering how we all felt at the end of last season,  this has been a really positive summer in terms of recruitment. 

Also....probably a more self sufficient wage bill this year too, that wont get us in trouble.

9/10

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

7czW.gif

I am trying to keep my under whelm under control. 

After 4 years of transfer fiasco which showed all the planning of picking names out of a hat, this summers transfers appear to have followed a proper scheme of advanced planning and foresight with direct input from a manager who knows this division. 

It's hard not to get excited. 

However, this must  be tempered with the knowledge that Rome wasnt built in a day, and there's a general cloud of gloom which still needs its last fluffy hangings to be swept away. 

That and the fact that many other teams have already had a head start. Teams that have been in this division a while and been gradually building. 

However... I'm pleased with the spread of signings...covering all major areas (would like one more centre back) and also pleased we havent fallen down the "names" trap as we have done previously. 

We may need some patience short to mid term this season. But overall, especially considering how we all felt at the end of last season,  this has been a really positive summer in terms of recruitment. 

Also....probably a more self sufficient wage bill this year too, that wont get us in trouble.

9/10

There’s been a definite shift across the club, at least it feels that way. People with knowledge and understanding are being allowed to make decisions. Please, let it continue.

• Like 1

I've gone for 8. It looks promising. 

The only problem is that the glass half empty side of me remembers getting excited when we signed Abdi...and we know how that turned out. 

Time will tell. Too many of the players are completely unknown who could be the next Kieran Lee or Antonio. Or on the other hand they could be Kachunga.

Edited by poite
  • Like 1

Just now, Morepork said:

There’s been a definite shift across the club, at least it feels that way. People with knowledge and understanding are being allowed to make decisions. Please, let it continue.

It has to. 

We'd have been two steps from oblivion if wed kept on with the previous "strategy"...

We should keep air travel to a minimum , blame Covid, and just allow Moore to keep running the show with the Dooley boy.

A solid 8 for me.

I was expecting a load of unproven young kids with a few journey men thrown in at best. I was expyus to be close to a relegation scrap and I'm not dreaming of a top 6 finish. 

On paper the signings look good. We will soon see if I'm right or totally wrong.

33 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Defensively we look sound with iorfa, hunt, hutch, palmer

the goalie is a gamble, I am not convinced he will last the season as first choice and as long as Westwood sits there without a club the pressure will be on if mistakes come

our midfield looks better wide than central. 

our strikers- nope.  Defenders in this league can head and knock it all day long. We don’t have the striker who will give us pace and power ( as Clarke Harris did for posh last season ).

I also worry about our financial position and maintain this squad feels heavy for the financial constraints we have.  

Edgy aren't we?