Rate our Summer Recruitment out of 10

Rate our Summer Recruitment out of 10  

271 members have voted

1. 1. How good do you think Sheffield Wednesday's recruitment has been this summer?

Well, with the signing of our brand new number 9 and the eve of the new season upon us, it looks like we've just about drawn our summer recruitment to a close. So the question is, how good do you think Moore and Wednesday's recruitment has been this summer?

For me, it's got to be a 9... and the only reason it isn't a 10 is because it would have been nice to do some of these new signings through the door sooner. I am so so pleasantly surprised by the sort of player and balance we've been able to bring in after so long of seemingly being unable to recruit well. Maybe others feel differently, but I'm not sure we could have realistically had a much better summer than we have. I'm really excited for the new season, and I really really hope the players can give us what, on paper, could be a very positive season.

Especially in contrast to the last few years.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Not felt as optimnistic under DC's reign since the 1st season we had Carlos.

Genuinely feels like a turning point in the way the club is moving. 

Lets get behind each and every one of these new signings and show them what Wednesday is made of. 

An absolutely fantastic summer of activity, let's hope it gels on the pitch! 

Well done DM & DC.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The biggest thing that I’ve been impressed with is the evident change in emphasis on who is in charge of recruitment 

We finally have given the manager the final say on whose been brought in and not overpaid rubbish who happens to be friends with an advisor

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I think we’ve done well to get so many in without paying any transfer fees and, on paper, it looks a good list players. However, we won’t know for sure how good the recruitment has been until Dec/Jan imo.

Edited by 109Waddle
  • Like 1

Given our financial situation, embargo's, transfer restrictions, players not getting paid, a club with a damaged reputation, a catalogue of mismanagement and poor decisions at the top, relegation and a disgruntled fan base then our player recruitment has to be a 10 for me.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Compared to the last 6 windows probably the best we have had. There is a lot of unknown quantities, i am hoping the lad from Wolves turns out to be our Tammy Abrahams. My only concern is how much pre season work the likes of Gregory, Johnson, Byers have had and where there fitness is.

We have Hunt, Dawodu, Brennan, Waldock, FDB all need regular football and for me should all get at least a loan till January, 20 odd games under their belt will improve thrm as players.

I think we need a centre half as the only options are Iorfa, Dunkley and Hutch and i cannot see us get 40+ games out of Hutch or Dunkley.

If we had money to spend I'm sure DM could have done better.

But considering the financial constraints he was working under, plus the fact that he was persuading players to come to a 3rd division club, his transfer window signings must be rated as a 10+

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've gone for a 10... Might seem mental, but as much as I can imagine better players to sign etc. The reality of the club at the minute, only being to spend nominal fees, most signings being frees and loans, trying to attract players to a club that everyone knows wasn't paying their players last year.... 

Given all the challenges Moore faced, he has done a fantastic job, totally out performing what I expected. 

• Love 2

We have a more rounded squad than we had last year

We've all known since Carlos left that the squad needed a massive overhaul

Even when Carlos was here, the team used to run out of legs in the second half

We've now got people who want to be here

My whelm is registering over

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.