BREAKING - NEW NUMBER 9!! Lee Gregory signs for Sheffield Wednesday!!!

7 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

The one thing Gregors will do is work his socks off. He'll put in a shift for as long as he is on the pitch. He might not be the 1-goal-in-2 player he was 6 years ago, but he will hassle and bully defences, assist and create space for others. Depending on how many games he plays, I'd expect 12-15 goals from him.

I think it's a good bit of business. I doubt he will be starting on Saturday which is a shame, but who knows. He may get a run out towards the end.

Bang on. 

Had a few nights out with gregors.

Yes he was a blunt fan. But wow. Who really cares. 

I'm sure a few owls lads and players have been on stage with beautiful south in the day. 

Perfect signing

• Like 3

Guest Kagoshimaowl
31 minutes ago, reggae said:

Bang on. 

I'm sure a few owls lads and players have been on stage with beautiful south in the day. 

Perfect signing

Maybe. Unfortunately he isn’t fit I think? Could take a while to get him up to speed. Hope he doesn’t end up like Jack Marriott!!

7 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I’m not aware who’s available Jim, or who else the club were interested in. I’m only yanking your chain. Gregory might well prove to be the right man for the job but he’s never been stellar 

Fair enough mate. Just a bit euphoric as even though if I’m being honest I don’t rate him particularly highly but for where we are it feels like a massive step in the right direction? This whole window has been a pleasant surprise TBH. Still think

1 or 2 may leave plus youngsters out on Loan before the end of the month?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim said:

massive step in the right direction

I think 90% of us are in agreement with that Jim. A balanced squad with round pegs in round holes and a few interesting wild cards thrown in for good measure. A clear idea of what the manager wants to do and all without (apparently) breaking the bank. UTO

• Like 2

5 hours ago, reggae said:

Bang on. 

Perfect signing

I don't know him to be honest but my brother used to play with him at Staveley MW at the end of his career and the start of Lee's. He's meant to be a really nice bloke to be fair, despite his support for the dark side.

He never actually played for United as far as I know as I think they released him from their academy, but who he supports is irrelevant to me. I'm fairly sure none of the current players bar Palmer are actually Owls fans.

4 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Maybe. Unfortunately he isn’t fit I think? Could take a while to get him up to speed. Hope he doesn’t end up like Jack Marriott!!

I think my brother mentioned he's had about 3 weeks of pre-season, so a bit behind unfortunately. I guess it will be a question of getting his match fitness up, and then working on his sharpness. I would expect to see some sort of cameo role within a few weeks.