All kicking off at Derby

12 hours ago, Raminpeace said:

I’d happily swap with Wycombe now. It just prolongs the agony and is unfair on the players. 

That's kinda what we had to suffer last year. It's a completely wasted season and ruins the championship as a competition.

These rules are an absolute joke. Ourselves and Derby get the book thrown at us for chasing it and ultimately failing, whilst Villa, Bournemouth and Wolves do the same get promoted and no one cares

Like getting jailed for attempted murder whilst actual murder goes unpunished

• Like 2

Guest Mcguigan
6 hours ago, Django said:

These rules are an absolute joke. Ourselves and Derby get the book thrown at us for chasing it and ultimately failing, whilst Villa, Bournemouth and Wolves do the same get promoted and no one cares

Like getting jailed for attempted murder whilst actual murder goes unpunished

That’s nothing to do with the rules being a joke though is it. That’s more to do with getting your club over the line when you have chased it.

Both ourselves and Derby had the quality in our squads to get promoted, more than once, and we failed. That’s not down to the rules, it’s down the manager and players.

3 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

That’s nothing to do with the rules being a joke though is it. That’s more to do with getting your club over the line when you have chased it.

Both ourselves and Derby had the quality in our squads to get promoted, more than once, and we failed. That’s not down to the rules, it’s down the manager and players.

I know but my point is that if your break the rules and are successful then there’s no price to pay 

I'm not sure you can blame FFP for what has happened at Derby. 

I don't like the FFP rules and I think is it a tad farcical having them in place when you've got teams coming down with parachute payments. In any event, it appears that Derby's issues go way beyond non-compliance with FFP. They're going into administration, which suggests the money has all but gone and/or the guy in charge has decided to stop plugging the gaps for the mess he created. 

Guest Mcguigan
1 hour ago, Django said:

I know but my point is that if your break the rules and are successful then there’s no price to pay 

Wolves didn't break the rules, nor Villa.

Bournemouth got a £5m fine. Which in the infancy of FFP was deemed an acceptable punishment.

The clubs who broke P&S rules have been/will be punished.

Guest Mcguigan
45 minutes ago, Raminpeace said:

I thought villa had massively overspent?

And if they had missed out on promotion they would have sold players to come back in line with P&S. Much the same with Wolves and Leeds.

We missed out and not only didn’t sell to balance the books, we added about another £15m to an already hugely bloated wage bill.