Jump to content

All kicking off at Derby


Recommended Posts

This is beyond absurd now. 5 very serious charges and they STILL haven't re submitted accounts from 5 years ago . Why not, and why do the EFL keep extending the deadline. No mention of the ground sale or the curious case of Rooney's wages. Compare their treatment with ours, or Birmingham, or Macclesfield. So they stay up, send us down having broken rules for 5 years. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

This is beyond absurd now. 5 very serious charges and they STILL haven't re submitted accounts from 5 years ago . Why not, and why do the EFL keep extending the deadline. No mention of the ground sale or the curious case of Rooney's wages. Compare their treatment with ours, or Birmingham, or Macclesfield. So they stay up, send us down having broken rules for 5 years. 

 

It's infuriating.

 

As much as it sometimes feels like being an arse by going out of your way to cheerlead EFL sanctions and for fans to suffer a relegation, this just feels like they're getting away with it. And to be frank, they're a club who already carry a bit of a sense of getting away with it for quite a while. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Simon Jordan did say on Talksport a few weeks ago that if what he had heard was true about Derby they could be in line for a very big points deduction.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 31Dec1966 said:

This is beyond absurd now. 5 very serious charges and they STILL haven't re submitted accounts from 5 years ago . Why not, and why do the EFL keep extending the deadline. No mention of the ground sale or the curious case of Rooney's wages. Compare their treatment with ours, or Birmingham, or Macclesfield. So they stay up, send us down having broken rules for 5 years. 

I still think that Rooney being there is having an effect

Edited by darra
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It all seems like it's adding up to a huge fine and points deduction, like instant relegation regardless of what happens this season. 5 major breaches they're charged with, and some of them from a long time ago. They've been sailing close to the wind for a while now so was only a matter of time before it came to a head. Surely the EFL cannot allow this type of thing and will be wanting to punish them to send a message. 

 

My prediction for their punishment is a 6 point deduction with a further 6 points suspended. It'll be next season though as by the time they get round to it this season will be over. This will then be halved on appeal and they'll go up via the playoffs. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

It all seems like it's adding up to a huge fine and points deduction, like instant relegation regardless of what happens this season. 5 major breaches they're charged with, and some of them from a long time ago. They've been sailing close to the wind for a while now so was only a matter of time before it came to a head. Surely the EFL cannot allow this type of thing and will be wanting to punish them to send a message. 

 

My prediction for their punishment is a 6 point deduction with a further 6 points suspended. It'll be next season though as by the time they get round to it this season will be over. This will then be halved on appeal and they'll go up via the playoffs. 


Chuck in a 10 game ban for Forestieri for good measure

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/09/2021 at 07:58, latemodelchild said:

It all seems like it's adding up to a huge fine and points deduction, like instant relegation regardless of what happens this season. 5 major breaches they're charged with, and some of them from a long time ago. They've been sailing close to the wind for a while now so was only a matter of time before it came to a head. Surely the EFL cannot allow this type of thing and will be wanting to punish them to send a message. 

 

My prediction for their punishment is a 6 point deduction with a further 6 points suspended. It'll be next season though as by the time they get round to it this season will be over. This will then be halved on appeal and they'll go up via the playoffs. 

Nah mate, the deduction will be split between, us, Bolton and Wigan, Derby will be given a points bonus for time served and offending them, and everyone other than Derby and Boro in the EFL will be given a transfer embargo. Wycombe will also be folded for last season having the audacity to have stayed up if the EFL had done their jobs and deducted points from Derby.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/08/2021 at 23:11, scram said:

 

 

I agree its the owners but some of their players looked like they were wearing deep sea diving boots - they were all over the place

 

Cannot blame Rooney for having to put out an 11 that are way short of the level they're at

 

And just like i said about us last season - they'd be better having a decent season in league 1 rather than a torrid one on the championship

 

They're way off and it's not down to Rooney

You can still get a side hardworking and organised which gives you half a chance.. Derby don't and Havnt looked either since Rooney has been there. 

Hate to say it but they may not be winning many more if warnochio was in charge, but theyd be giving teams more of a game at least. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

You can still get a side hardworking and organised which gives you half a chance.. Derby don't and Havnt looked either since Rooney has been there. 

Hate to say it but they may not be winning many more if warnochio was in charge, but theyd be giving teams more of a game at least. 


we’re playing quite well tbh. 
a bit short of goals as expected.
A couple of games lost to stupid individual errors.

but the football has improved.

We were better than Forest, and Middlesbrough. 
 

no idea what transfer fees are owed. Whether that’s in relation  to players we no longer own - quite possible - or extra fees due on players who have been elevated to the first team - e.g. Roos and Hutchinson. Or whether is the obvious -  bielik and Jozwiak. I was surprised we didn’t sell anyone in the last transfer window but there is very little money around unless you’re Chelsea or Man City, and Rooney crocked our most valuable asset. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Derby feel so much like us under Monk last year. Started ok with a couple of good performances but the underlying issues were there (we already had points deducted and their was unrest behind the scenes). How will they cope when the inevitable happens and the points deduction comes? Lot of young lads and players on short term deals.

 

Plus how many of the young lads who breakthrough will have to be sold to keep the club afloat? Anyone who shows they are comfortable in the first team will have the vultures circling. 

 

Definitely started better than i expected though with that squad. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Raminpeace said:


we’re playing quite well tbh. 
a bit short of goals as expected.
A couple of games lost to stupid individual errors.

but the football has improved.

We were better than Forest, and Middlesbrough. 
 

no idea what transfer fees are owed. Whether that’s in relation  to players we no longer own - quite possible - or extra fees due on players who have been elevated to the first team - e.g. Roos and Hutchinson. Or whether is the obvious -  bielik and Jozwiak. I was surprised we didn’t sell anyone in the last transfer window but there is very little money around unless you’re Chelsea or Man City, and Rooney crocked our most valuable asset. 
 

 

Saw Nixon claiming that someone’s not paid you instalments due on players sold. You heard anything about that? Few fingers pointing across the city to the two young lads they signed for you, one of whom has already left I believe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Plonk said:

Saw Nixon claiming that someone’s not paid you instalments due on players sold. You heard anything about that? Few fingers pointing across the city to the two young lads they signed for you, one of whom has already left I believe.


No idea. It’s silence from MM and co.

I’d be very surprised if Sheff Utd defaulted on bogle and Lowe.

not sure that I really believe we are owed money tbh. 
we don’t sell many.  
Maybe an extra payment due on Will Hughes? 
its probably just more nonsense from Mel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Raminpeace said:


No idea. It’s silence from MM and co.

I’d be very surprised if Sheff Utd defaulted on bogle and Lowe.

not sure that I really believe we are owed money tbh. 
we don’t sell many.  
Maybe an extra payment due on Will Hughes? 
its probably just more nonsense from Mel. 

Didn’t they pay around £15m for the pair? Sure that was reported here. Their owner has just stated they are facing an £85 m shortfall for the season, and it’s fairly well known they were trying to unload players to raise funds. So it’s just putting two and two together. 

Or maybe we still owe you the loan fee for butterfield. Shudders. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Plonk said:

Didn’t they pay around £15m for the pair? Sure that was reported here. Their owner has just stated they are facing an £85 m shortfall for the season, and it’s fairly well known they were trying to unload players to raise funds. So it’s just putting two and two together. 

Or maybe we still owe you the loan fee for butterfield. Shudders. 

 

I haven’t heard that
surely their parachute money should sort them out


until we know which club is owed money it’s hard to speculate

but we obviously haven’t got two beans. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Raminpeace said:

 

I haven’t heard that
surely their parachute money should sort them out


until we know which club is owed money it’s hard to speculate

but we obviously haven’t got two beans. 

 

 

Ha ha, wait until you find out what they spent their parachute money on.

 

United might have two beans but they probably owe them to someone else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...