Villa and City agree on 100m for Grealish

I don't think you can blame him or have any hatred towards him.

Teams were "interested" when they got relegated from the Prem and he decided to stick around - Could easily have requested to leave then.

Teams were interested all the following season when they failed to get promotion and he stuck around.

I think Spurs were heavily interested when they got promoted but he signed a new contract with Villa.

All in all, I think he has been very loyal to Villa and now is the right time to move on if he wants to win a trophy or two. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Teams were "interested" when they got relegated from the Prem and he decided to stick around - Could easily have requested to leave then.

Teams were interested all the following season when they failed to get promotion and he stuck around.

I think Spurs were heavily interested when they got promoted but he signed a new contract with Villa.

All in all, I think he has been very loyal to Villa and now is the right time to move on if he wants to win a trophy or two. 

Absolutely agree. He stuck around when they were in the Championship. Not many players of his calibre would have done that.

Deserves the move. Villa fans need to grow up.

7 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Villa should be ecstatic, he was supposed to leave the summer they got relegated to Spurs for £30 million, he stayed, helped them get promoted and they've made another £70 million on him.

They won't replace him for the money, but they can buy 3/4 players to spread the load around and become more than a one player team

Villa are doing what Spurs should be doing - spending the money from the sale of their star player.

If Villa get Ward-Prowse or Smith-Rowe and Tammy Abrahams they will have spent the money from Grealish and be a better side. 

Spurs are sat on their hands pretending nothing is wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adem Poric said:

Villa are doing what Spurs should be doing - spending the money from the sale of their star player.

If Villa get Ward-Prowse or Smith-Rowe and Tammy Abrahams they will have spent the money from Grealish and be a better side. 

Spurs are sat on their hands pretending nothing is wrong.

Very true originally I thought they would struggle to replace him, but as I found he only plays 59 percent of games and the signings they’ve already made they’re proving me wrong.

if they have Ings and Abraham up front I reckon they could challenge West Ham as the best of the rest next season

25 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Really don’t get the suggestion of buying Abraham. Think he’s vastly overrated.

They’ll probably buy him and he’ll win the golden boot next season.

He couldn’t get in Tuchels team despite being top scorer! That’s underrated!

How exactly do Villa fans have the right to be livid? They’re a good club, but cmon there not nowhere near the top 4 anytime soon. Grealish is probably looking at what happened to Kane at Spurs who is now trapped in a long term contract and doesn’t want to waste what is a short career 

1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

If I was a Villa fan I'd be pretty happy with Ings and Watkins/Bailey either side of Abraham with Buendia in behind them.  

If they add Ward-Prowse as well they will challenge the top six.

Surely Ings would be the main striker, with Watkins and Bailey either side?

1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

If I was a Villa fan I'd be pretty happy with Ings and Watkins/Bailey either side of Abraham with Buendia in behind them.  

If they add Ward-Prowse as well they will challenge the top six.

Atalanta are making big moves for Abraham, likely he might end up in Italy 

I'm not really understanding Man City.

There build up style of play, suits a poacher. They perfected the position for Aguero, Sterling or Jesus.

Kane offers so much more than just being a poacher. When players run beyond him, he's got brilliant vision. I don't see how Mahrez or Silva etc...run beyond Kane like Son did at Tottenham or like Salah or Mane would, if he was at Liverpool.

Sterling regularly cut in from the left, now Grealish will possibly play that role. (Grealish wouldn't run beyond Kane like a Saka or Sancho would)

If Kane drops back to use his vision, he'll be covering the same grass as De Bruyne.

Foden and Kane didn't really work at Euro's.

It's an expensive mess for me..........but they'll still win league.