Dennis Adeniran

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I’m wondering I’d he’ll actually get in the side once Luongo is totally fit. Add George Byers to the list and our midfield that includes Bannan and Wing and it is extremely strong 

6 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I’m wondering I’d he’ll actually get in the side once Luongo is totally fit. Add George Byers to the list and our midfield that includes Bannan and Wing and it is extremely strong 

My thoughts exactly.

Adeniran was good enough to start 7 out of 8 of Wycombe’s crucial run-in games, and they nearly pulled off the great escape. If he is our 4th or 5th choice CM we are in very good shape in midfield.

Edited by Holmowl

I’d be happy to cut him some slack. Seemed to ‘freeze’ a couple of times in the first 20 minutes and admitted in his interview he was nervous early on but soon settled. He’s one of a number of young players who need a few games to settle in.

The additions of Wing and Byers mean that Moore has the luxury of introducing him gradually if needs be. Midfield is the only area where we look to have too many players to give them all regular game time.

22 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Assuming we sign another wide man (Johnson, I presume?), then our midfield is arguably stronger than it was last season, and I'd say it's not even up for debate when looking at central areas.

Replacing Pelupessy with Adeniran is great business, and adding Wing in place of Shaw adds a whole new dimension to our team. Plus we've got Byers on top of that. If Luongo can stay fit for the whole season, then we really will have a much better central midfield in League One than we did last year in the Championship, which seems crazy!

• Like 1

You're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to disagree with it.

Unlike you, I was impressed with Adeniran. Yes, I saw that he got caught in possession at least three times and two of them could have been costly. He was asking for a foul for all 3 and only got the decision once. But he had great energy and was always looking to move us forward. Based on just one performance I'd say he's a definite upgrade on both Pelupessy and Luongo. I hope he gets a run in the team and doesn't get pushed out by more established names.

If he said in his interview that he was nervous of playing in front of crowds then I hope to God we never get on his back - especially if its not warranted.

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Assuming we sign another wide man (Johnson, I presume?), then our midfield is arguably stronger than it was last season, and I'd say it's not even up for debate when looking at central areas.

Replacing Pelupessy with Adeniran is great business, and adding Wing in place of Shaw adds a whole new dimension to our team. Plus we've got Byers on top of that. If Luongo can stay fit for the whole season, then we really will have a much better central midfield in League One than we did last year in the Championship, which seems crazy!

I strongly agree with all of this!!

4 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Looked a bit raw v Huddersfield, there was a couple of mistakes which nearly cost us, obviously not fit yet, hope he comes through, but I was not impressed 

Give the lad a chance. It's his first run out in a competetive game for us, he barely knows his team mates. I remember Jacob Murphy getting pelters from our fans in his early days, after Christmas he was just about the best player we had.

Let's start talking about who's good and bad sometime around Christmas.

Wednesday fans, quick to judge. Let's keep an open mind and be supportive

• Like 1

I'm just a viewer on Owlstalk and rarely post but I had to reset my password for this post. 

He lost the the ball a few times in the early parts of the first half however after a few mistakes I thought he played really really well. He demanded the ball all game and always made himself available for the pass... we've had far too many players shirk responsibility and hide in games but this lad didn't let a few early mistakes destroy his confidence.

He seems strong, athletic, fast, breaks up play, can tackle and just had something about him. He is very raw but I'm pretty confident he will be a very very good asset in time. I was actually more excited about Adeniran than Wing purely because I think this kid has lots of potential and is ours. 

This year is going to be about supporting these lads. We have completely changed the dynamic of our squad and young footballers need encouragement and support. Hopefully we all get behind them! 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

3 minutes ago, nicko87 said:

I'm just a viewer on Owlstalk and rarely post but I had to reset my password for this post. 

He lost the the ball a few times in the early parts of the first half however after a few mistakes I thought he played really really well. He demanded the ball all game and always made himself available for the pass... we've had far too many players shirk responsibility and hide in games but this lad didn't let a few early mistakes destroy his confidence.

He seems strong, athletic, fast, breaks up play, can tackle and just had something about him. He is very raw but I'm pretty confident he will be a very very good asset in time. I was actually more excited about Adeniran than Wing purely because I think this kid has lots of potential and is ours. 

This year is going to be about supporting these lads. We have completely changed the dynamic of our squad and young footballers need encouragement and support. Hopefully we all get behind them! 

You should post more often.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, nicko87 said:

Spot on!!!

• Like 1

3 from Byers, Adeniran, Luongo, Wing, Bannan and FDB

Best choice of CM options we've had for a while, and hopefully means Hunt and Waldock can get some games at league 2 or Conference level. 

Amazing what a competent manager and recruitment window can do 

• Like 2