Slow charlton sales

Guest Therealrealist

5 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

I've been to see us 3 times at Charlton in the last few years (last time was a couple of years ago when Fletcher scored the pen to win it near the end) and there were tickets available on general sale each time.

That one was also on sky and an early kick off so not surprised it went to general sale.

58 minutes ago, morganowl said:

Whys that? I know many 60 plus men going to charlton . What u worried about if your double jabbed? What will change aug 2021 to 2022 to 2025 virus will still be here. 

Worried about seeing friends and family afterwards, plus I know double jabbed people who have been pretty ill / still  struggling with long covid.

Public transport in London is hell at the best of times.

Away pub is great at Charlton but it will be heaving.

Away end is "tight"

I love going to gigs but see above ☝️

• Like 4

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

Whys that? I know many 60 plus men going to charlton . What u worried about if your double jabbed?

You can still get hospitalised and die even if you're double jabbed

You can also contract long covid and suffer for months/years with it, having to have months at a time off work

Also - most importantly - you could catch Covid and pass it onto a senior Owl and end up killing them

Those kind of concerns are important 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Daavies; said:

Gutted I can't go, I get married this Saturday so will be keeping up via twitter. Don't think the wife- to- be will be happy with me watching it on sky go on my phone for 2 hours. 

Congratulations 👏

10 minutes ago, Daavies; said:

Gutted I can't go, I get married this Saturday so will be keeping up via twitter. Don't think the wife- to- be will be happy with me watching it on sky go on my phone for 2 hours. 

Do it

Start as you mean to go on

lol

(congrats on the wedding tho!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

44 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You can still get hospitalised and die even if you're double jabbed

You can also contract long covid and suffer for months/years with it, having to have months at a time off work

Also - most importantly - you could catch Covid and pass it onto a senior Owl and end up killing them

Those kind of concerns are important 

So what you're saying is that none of us should be going as it's still not safe? 

You could say exactly same for home games as well then. 

• Like 2

Moral choice isn't it.

If you can limit your risks to pass it on then imo thats what you should do.

Eg inside gigs for me at the moment = massive no no.

Congregating on a concourse at football with no masks rule = also a no no.

Going to a beer garden / terrace = yeah, however going to a busy pub and standing at the bar shoulder to shoulder = nope 

Edited by modboy
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, bradowl said:

So what you're saying is that none of us should be going as it's still not safe? 

You could say exactly same for home games as well then. 

Dont think anyone is suggesting that. Everyone's circumstances are different. People may not want to risk getting the virus and passing it on to vulnerable people.

11 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Dont think anyone is suggesting that. Everyone's circumstances are different. People may not want to risk getting the virus and passing it on to vulnerable people.

I think we're going to be having these fears for a very long time to come, like all other illnesses we're going to have to learn to live with it. 

9 hours ago, Daavies; said:

I've already had 'the talk' with my Mrs..."is there anything important you want to talk about before the season starts, love?"

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I think we're going to be having these fears for a very long time to come, like all other illnesses we're going to have to learn to live with it. 

Yeah definitely. We all need to adapt and get back to normality but I can understand why people aren't rushing to return as soon as restrictions have been lifted.