Turnstile operators

56 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Window cleaner will be contactless soon

Mine already doesn’t want cash. Just sticks his bill through the letterbox with his bank details on. I offered him the cash one time and he said he’d rather have it straight in the bank otherwise he’d endlessly have to be driving to the bank to pay cash in and the bank was now a 2 hour round trip. 

Even at the local chip shop to me you now order and pay on their website and just turn up at the allotted time and give them your order number. 

There will always be some need for notes and coins but it is dwindling. 

I went to pay on the gate for the Huddersfield game on the kop but was 15mins late and they didn't take card so I had to run to the garage up the road to get cash out. Ended up missing the first half hour (I'm a slow runner) but why on earth is every other reputable business in the country taking card payments but we're not? I rarely use cash anymore and I think most people are the same but I don't see why we seem to be stuck in the dark ages when it comes to things like this 😕

On 03/08/2021 at 18:18, Tony Pulis said:

Does anyone on here work the turnstiles at matches? I have an interview for a post doing it, but was told I might have to stay until half-time sometimes. Is this very often or not?

This is unbelievable, less than 12 months ago Tony Pulis was our manager and now he's going to be a turnstile operator. lol

I wonder if Garry Monk is available for this? 🤔

• Haha 1

Guest Grandad
7 hours ago, mr g 1999 said:

I went to pay on the gate for the Huddersfield game on the kop but was 15mins late and they didn't take card so I had to run to the garage up the road to get cash out. Ended up missing the first half hour (I'm a slow runner) but why on earth is every other reputable business in the country taking card payments but we're not? I rarely use cash anymore and I think most people are the same but I don't see why we seem to be stuck in the dark ages when it comes to things like this 😕

Tax innit

Totting everything up at the end of the match is like

£1 to be declared

£5 to not

£1 to be declared

£5 to not...

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

This is unbelievable, less than 12 months ago Tony Pulis was our manager and now he's going to be a turnstile operator. lol

I wonder if Garry Monk is available for this? 🤔

If he WAS he'd do a great job but the fans would hound him out regardless

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

10 hours ago, mr g 1999 said:

I just assume that companies that demand cash are always on the tax fiddle.

Like London Black Cabbies

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

Tax innit

Totting everything up at the end of the match is like

£1 to be declared

£5 to not

£1 to be declared

£5 to not...

to be honest I think our window cleaner uses the same totting up system, only accepts cash.