Turnstile operators

11 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Exactamundo my man. Cash is king. All these hipsters thinking they’re cool paying contactless. 

Always makes me laugh when I see a middle aged bloke pointing his wrist watch at the card machine in a shop, then he looks round as if to say "look at me, I'm down with the kids". 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Always makes me laugh when I see a middle aged bloke pointing his wrist watch at the card machine in a shop, then he looks round as if to say "look at me, I'm down with the kids". 

Or a middle aged bloke given the option to use contactless.

But prefers to go to the ATM and get cash out then claim its "just as handy"

And gives no viable reason for not using technology.

Then like a muppet scramble to grab notes and coins to make sure they have enough. Then wait for change which will be a load of coins.

As well they are hypocrites- instead of withdrawing from branch they use technology cause it is quicker and handier.

Mental.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

Why has this thread become another cash vs card debate??? 

It’s the obvious leap from asking for advice on an upcoming interview on the turnstiles to the cash v card debate. 

Makes a change from Brexit/ COVID anyway!

• Like 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Not sure why but this thread has proper made me laugh.

Don’t use cash anymore. Used to always, last 5 years or so that’s changed. 

I don’t use cash or card anymore as Im totally broke!
I’m planning on reverting to the barter system now. I’m trying to get the ticket office to let me know how many of my home grown veggies I can swap for a ticket to Doncaster at home. It’s a tier one match so it’s going to be a good few KG’s of potato’s that’s for sure!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

I don’t use cash or card anymore as Im totally broke!
I’m planning on reverting to the barter system now. I’m trying to get the ticket office to let me know how many of my home grown veggies I can swap for a ticket to Doncaster at home. It’s a tier one match so it’s going to be a good few KG’s of potato’s that’s for sure!

I’m afraid there’s a few on here who won’t want your home grown veg C7. Only quinoa for them. Or freakin’ pot noodle 

Edited by Devonstrix
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, FattyOwl72 said:

What is really going on here is there are many in the community who are self employed, take payment in cash and don't declare their true earnings so that hey don't have to pay income tax on it. Utter parasites. 

Then they go to get a £250k mortgage and only have books showing £8k a year income. Mate is a mortgage advisor and loves letting the HRMC know what these idiots disclose to him 

Guest Therealrealist
4 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Exactamundo my man. Cash is king. All these hipsters thinking they’re cool paying contactless. 

And that type are allways at the front of the que at greggs tryin to pay £1.29 by flashing their phone at the thing and it never works and the look reyt silly...while all us normal folk are waitin for our brekky with fivers in hand getting frustrated :duntmatter:

Guest Therealrealist
17 hours ago, FattyOwl72 said:

What is really going on here is there are many in the community who are self employed, take payment in cash and don't declare their true earnings so that hey don't have to pay income tax on it. Utter parasites. 

So if you get a plumber round satday morning to fix yer flush or put new taps on cus the others wer leaking...do you ask for a receipt and insist on payin VAT?

Guest Therealrealist
7 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Then they go to get a £250k mortgage and only have books showing £8k a year income. Mate is a mortgage advisor and loves letting the HRMC know what these idiots disclose to him 

Surely they are only disclosing 8k a year income and would never get a 250k mortgage? You can’t get a 250k mortgage by disclosing 8k a year but whispering to the advisor that you do 50k of fiddle 🥴

16 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

And that type are allways at the front of the que at greggs tryin to pay £1.29 by flashing their phone at the thing and it never works and the look reyt silly... 

That's literally never ever happened

Unlike the stuck in the past brigade fumbling about through their change trying to find the right coins

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's literally never ever happened

Unlike the stuck in the past brigade fumbling about through their change trying to find the right coins

Apart from this morning at greggs on tanyard..and monday mornin at greggs retail world yer reyt ..it never hsppens 😂🙈

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You need to change ya diet

How do you know i dont get a salad bowl every morning:Chansiri:

5 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not sure why but this thread has proper made me laugh.

Don’t use cash anymore. Used to always, last 5 years or so that’s changed. 

how do you pay the window cleaner ?....how do you get your trolley at the supermarket ?.......does the programme 3 quid man do  contactless.....you cant possibly go thru life without cash 

• Like 3