Turnstile operators

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Good

Fair play to em

They're at risk of death - it's good to see them looking after themselves

Any classy human would applaud that and even help them further

Putting in a jar and leaving it for 2 days is a bit daft. They've not not washed it so any germs are still on the coins.

15 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Cash is for people stuck in the dark ages who slow things down for everyone. There are so many options for digital payments which makes things quicker for everyone?

i have a little side line where i get paid in cash as i'm sure do many others ..... why would anyone go to the trouble of  going to the bank it when you can just spend it in the shops and bars .  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Cash is for people stuck in the dark ages who slow things down for everyone. There are so many options for digital payments which makes things quicker for everyone?

Why do you like cash?

Be interested to see how you react the next time you go to a place where the IT system has gone down and their card system won’t work. All of us people in the 'dark ages' with our cash will just walk straight past you. As for holding people up, I’ve been held up so many times by pillocks who’ve forgotten their pin or go from one card to another before getting one accepted. There’ll always be cash mate. Get over it. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Be interested to see how you react the next time you go to a place where the IT system has gone down and their card system won’t work. All of us people in the 'dark ages' with our cash will just walk straight past you. As for holding people up, I’ve been held up so many times by pillocks who’ve forgotten their pin or go from one card to another before getting one accepted. There’ll always be cash mate. Get over it. 

The use of cash is diminishing every year as people embrace technology.

Your days of coins rattling in yer pocket won't be around forever.

Get over it.

Guest Therealrealist
35 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Places like stadiums and retail and hospitality will become cashless.

Cash will allways be about...stop tryin to be super cool and modern..why take yer card out in a city centre where people are out to goose yer...wake up day after and realise every bar as overcharged yer or double tapped yer card...

43 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Cash will allways be about...stop tryin to be super cool and modern..why take yer card out in a city centre where people are out to goose yer...wake up day after and realise every bar as overcharged yer or double tapped yer card...

In reality both sides of the argument are in some way right. There is less and less cash being spent (the younger people are the less cash they use) but at the same time cash will have a place for a long time to come. I use less and less of it but always keep a bit on me and in the house for paying for takeaways or if IT systems are down at shops or bars (which seems to happen quite a lot). 

The government don’t want us using cash as it fuels the black economy as well as crime but older people or people who just plain prefer it have a perfect right to use it. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, modboy said:

Used cash last weekend for first time in ages, felt weird and the bar staff were taken back too. Everything is app or card based.

If your on about them ordering apps in lockdown, they were horrendous. Must have tried to use half a dozen and all were slow and confusing and if I had to use them all the time I'd be finished with pubs. One of the best thing about coming out of lockdown has been, being able to walk up to the bar and order a pint and just pay, instead of going in a pub and sitting there for half hour while you firstly have to connect to their wifi because there's no internet then download their ordering app and then the apps that slow that you end up shouting the barman over and saying can we just order and pay cash because the apps so slow "yes of cause you can, what can I get for you" 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FattyOwl72 said:

What is really going on here is there are many in the community who are self employed, take payment in cash and don't declare their true earnings so that hey don't have to pay income tax on it. Utter parasites. 

Pretty sweeping statement there fatty. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Who is going to goose you?

If you double tap it when pissed its your own fault.

5 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Who is going to goose you?

If you double tap it when pissed its your own fault.

I'm sure you can't double tap payments. Losing a twenty pounds note when getting money out of your pocket was a regular occurrence however.

Edited by modboy