George Byers on his way

42 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Would have been a big risk to play Bannan yesterday if a deal was done for him to leave. Injury would’ve scuppered any move. Seems to suggest Moore is expecting him to stay 

You can just imagine the conversation 

DM: We’ve had a bid and it’s a good offer. 
BB: Me and Elsie just moved up here gaffer

DM: I know Baz, but you earn more than David Jones and it’s just not sustainable 

BB: Let me talk to the chairman

DM: But I’m warning you he isn’t changing his mind. He’s all about sustainability these days 

DC: Barry my boy come in come in. Have you grown? I can barely look you in the eye.

BB: No Mr Chairman, I just bought these new insoles for my sneakers, they’ve got a little heel. I’ll get you some.

DC: Well as long as they’re made from sustainably sourced plastic. Everything needs to be sustainable you see

BB: Aye, right, aye

BB: Anyway, gaffer told me I have to leave. Says I’m too expensive 

DC: Wait Barry, I can’t have a contractual situation without my key advisor. Here he is. Take a seat please, Barry was just telling me he does want to leave 

BB: Aye, right, aye. Me and Elsie just found a nice nursery. They let me go in on Wednesday afternoons and help with the set pieces and things.

AC: So you don’t want to leave?

DC: We have to be sustainable you see. And your current contract just isn’t sustainable you see

AC: We could have him sign a new one, same salary each week but for one extra year, that way we it’s more sustainable as it lasts longer

DC: My boy, haven’t you grown. Wonderful suggestion. And let’s sign it by DocuSign, we don’t want to be wasting paper

AC: And what do you drive, a Land Rover? Let’s get you a Tesla.

DM: Morning Baz, how did it go with the Chairman.

BB: Great, we had a chat and we’ve made things a bit more sustainable

DM: That’s great. You can be captain again.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Byres will be the one that challenges wing he’s the attacking midfielder playmaker that plays further forward 

I can’t see anyone really challenging wing as much so I don’t mind this signing plus it’s a permanent 

we need to be making permanents now with our loans

him Johnson and sims will be great additions 

another CF and left sided CB and we’re promoted it’s a great looking squad coming together bazza will be staying 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Byres will be the one that challenges wing he’s the attacking midfielder playmaker that plays further forward 

I can’t see anyone really challenging wing as much so I don’t mind this signing plus it’s a permanent 

we need to be making permanents now with our loans

him Johnson and sims will be great additions 

another CF and left sided CB and we’re promoted it’s a great looking squad coming together bazza will be staying 

If only it was that easy

20 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

You can just imagine the conversation 

DM: We’ve had a bid and it’s a good offer. 
BB: Me and Elsie just moved up here gaffer

DM: I know Baz, but you earn more than David Jones and it’s just not sustainable 

BB: Let me talk to the chairman

DM: But I’m warning you he isn’t changing his mind. He’s all about sustainability these days 

DC: Barry my boy come in come in. Have you grown? I can barely look you in the eye.

BB: No Mr Chairman, I just bought these new insoles for my sneakers, they’ve got a little heel. I’ll get you some.

DC: Well as long as they’re made from sustainably sourced plastic. Everything needs to be sustainable you see

BB: Anyway, gaffer told me I have to leave. Says I’m too expensive 

DC: Wait Barry, I can’t have a contractual situation without my key advisor. Here he is. Take a seat please, Barry was just telling me he does want to leave 

BB: Aye, right, aye. Me and Elsie just found a nice nursery. They let me go in on Wednesday afternoons and help with the set pieces and things.

AC: So you don’t want to leave?

DC: We have to be sustainable you see. And your current contract just isn’t sustainable you see

AC: We could have him sign a new one, same salary each week but for one extra year, that way we it’s more sustainable as it lasts longer

DC: My boy, haven’t you grown. Wonderful suggestion. And let’s sign it by DocuSign, we don’t want to be wasting paper

AC: And what do you drive, a Land Rover? Let’s get you a Tesla.

DM: Morning Baz, how did it go with the Chairman.

BB: Great, we had a chat and we’ve made things a bit more sustainable

DM: That’s great. You can be captain again.

@McRightSide that’s some imagination you’ve got there 😂😂😂

13 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

@McRightSide that’s some imagination you’ve got there 😂😂😂

You know the funny thing…I quoted you and it was just going to be a little…ok Baz you can play the last game, but take it easy and don’t get injured … and then the gif of his halfway line sprint and tackle…but I got totally carried away

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

You know the funny thing…I quoted you and it was just going to be a little…ok Baz you can play the last game, but take it easy and don’t get injured … and then the gif of his halfway line sprint and tackle…but I got totally carried away

Quality. Stick with the ramblings. You have my vote if His Lordship ever gives up the match day thread 👍 

Wonder what this says about the club’s view of Alex Hunt? A lot of posters have suggested that it’s time that Hunt was given the chance to step up as Bannan’s understudy. Assuming Bannan stays, does the potential addition of Byers mean the club doesn’t trust Alex, even at League 1 level. If so, wouldn’t it make sense to sell Alex now to help fund Byers rather than loan him?

2 hours ago, markg said:

Doesn't necessarily mean Bannan is off.

When he is out or when the games come thick and fast, we don't really have much quality to replace him with. Really can't rely on Luongo either

The way Bannan went in for that goal saving tackle off the wrong foot could have given him a nasty injury. That commitment to a tackle like that in a nothing game would suggest to me that he has very much made up his mind !

• Like 2

3 hours ago, malek said:

Didn't impressed me for Swansea, usually playing next to their playmaker Grimes, taking little initiative and keeping things simple. 

Portsmouth fans called him lazy and claimed he made no impact at all. 

Then again I remember him from his youth games where he was known for spectacular assists and long range goals. Hope that we can bring the best out of him. 

But for one moment I wont believe he is coming in as a free agent and that we wont pay fee for him. 

Interesting contrast there. Sounds like he lost his way and maybe their tippy tappy one million passes to one shot style at Swansea didn't suit him.

Think he's at a good age and decent championship experience already so could prove a good signing and needed competition.

1 hour ago, Mr Meadows said:

Baz is going nowhere, DM has said as much and confirmed him as captain 

sometimes wonder if a lot on owlstalk actually go to games and want wednesday to do well

Thing is we play a combination of 4231 and 343 during pre-season then first competitive game we go 433 and that is pure and simple to accommodate Bannan as he can’t really play as part of the defensive 2, the attacking 3

or be in a central 2. He can only play in a midfield 3. As good as he is, I just feel he’s not good enough to solely play a formation to suit him as it could impact on the influence of others in the team?

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Thing is we play a combination of 4231 and 343 during pre-season then first competitive game we go 433 and that is pure and simple to accommodate Bannan as he can’t really play as part of the defensive 2, the attacking 3

or be in a central 2. He can only play in a midfield 3. As good as he is, I just feel he’s not good enough to solely play a formation to suit him as it could impact on the influence of others in the team?

The team is weaker without Bannan whatever formation you choose to use.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

The way Bannan went in for that goal saving tackle off the wrong foot could have given him a nasty injury. That commitment to a tackle like that in a nothing game would suggest to me that he has very much made up his mind !

Yeah that’s how I saw it too Nev. no way you risk that if you’re on your way out 

14 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Would be blown away if he was to leave.  Wouldn't surprise me if he worked for he club, after he hangs up his boots in some capacity. 

Could definitely see that. If he stays with Wednesday during a league one campaign then i can definitely see him retiring here.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Would be blown away if he was to leave.  Wouldn't surprise me if he worked for he club, after he hangs up his boots in some capacity. 

Though he’d have to stand on a stool to hang them up.

• Haha 1