Safe Standing Area

Just now, @owlstalk said:

What is it has it changed?

It looked like a 5 year old had cut it and the surrounding area out with scissors and mum had tried to stick it back on with a pritt stick before Dad got home and saw it

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ian said:

It looked like a 5 year old had cut it and the surrounding area out with scissors and mum had tried to stick it back on with a pritt stick before Dad got home and saw it

Actually iPhone photo turned out to show it better than I thought 

41871ACE-6930-4264-AA4D-AACAC9C8FF6C.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

If you are old enough to have been to away grounds before 1989, you probably experienced this several times at least (certainly did following Wednesday up and down the country, worst probably being Maine Road 1983/4 season).

The truth is whilst it happened at Hillsborough it could have happened anywhere.

Absolutely. Any large stadium at the time with fencing. 

I will never get the 'Hillsborough will be the last ground to get safe standing / rail seating' thing.

It is literally mental. It should be the first English ground to get it. It has been proved to work. It's a progressive, innovative way around a disaster that wouldn't have happened without the fences.

Introduce safe standing rail seats. At Hillsborough, at any ground.  Just to be clear, no massive mental metal fencing pinning anyone in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My crush experiences were all outside grounds trying to get in.

Maine Road

Vale Park

Psaltergate

Millmoor

Anfield

Villa Park

several others no doubt that I can't remember.

14 hours ago, Otley Owl said:

Absolutely. Any large stadium at the time with fencing. 

I will never get the 'Hillsborough will be the last ground to get safe standing / rail seating' thing.

It is literally mental. It should be the first English ground to get it. It has been proved to work. It's a progressive, innovative way around a disaster that wouldn't have happened without the fences.

Introduce safe standing rail seats. At Hillsborough, at any ground.  Just to be clear, no massive mental metal fencing pinning anyone in. 

It doesn't matter how mental it is there will never be standing at Hillsborough 

Announce it and see the Hillsborough Families Group go "mental" then watch the queue of the great and good run to media to slag off the idea 

Guest Grandad
13 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Maine Road

Vale Park

Psaltergate

Millmoor

Anfield

Villa Park

several others no doubt that I can't remember.

Blundell Park, Grimsby, Boxing Day

Guest Grandad
13 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Psaltergate

Is the P silent in that? 

Like the one in Swimming Pool?

11 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

It doesn't matter how mental it is there will never be standing at Hillsborough 

Announce it and see the Hillsborough Families Group go "mental" then watch the queue of the great and good run to media to slag off the idea 

And there’s the problem. “ the great and good” vociferous know nowts. The Hillsborough families I understand, which is why Liverpool should be the first to do it. Everyone knows it wasn’t standing terraces that caused the disaster, it was those hideous fences. And there were very few grounds that didnt have at the time. Good grief Ken Bates wanted electric fences putting up at Stamford bridge. 

• Like 1