Safe Standing Area

25 minutes ago, shandypants said:

You do know the history behind this don’t you?

Going back years i've always said, that is exactly why Hillsborough should be the first place to do safe standing.

Go straight to the heart of the problem and give the dissenters nowhere to go.

Not that I agree Hillsborough was the heart of the problem, it was a symptom of the times amongst other things.

Edited by Salmonbones
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Doctor Duran said:

Same paint on top of the Westcovering Presto would make another 100% difference

As would replacing about 500 white seats on the North with blue ones!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Going back years i've always said, that is exactly why Hillsborough should be the first place to do safe standing.

Go straight to the heart of the problem and give the dissenters nowhere to go.

Not that I agree Hillsborough was the heart of the problem, it was a symptom of the times amongst other things.

If you are old enough to have been to away grounds before 1989, you probably experienced this several times at least (certainly did following Wednesday up and down the country, worst probably being Maine Road 1983/4 season).

The truth is whilst it happened at Hillsborough it could have happened anywhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

If you are old enough to have been to away grounds before 1989, you probably experienced this several times at least (certainly did following Wednesday up and down the country, worst probably being Maine Road 1983/4 season).

The truth is whilst it happened at Hillsborough it could have happened anywhere.

Liverpool in the cup replay was horrific also 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Grandad said:

That corner would actually look better without the flag

As would the North without Clueless on it!

Actually if they did that club crest in the seats in the centre of the North it would look great!

Man United have introduced their safe standing section this season. Unfortunately current legislation means they have signs all over the place saying no standing allowed and have told their stewards to try and enforce everyone remaining seated.

Theyre hoping that they get the licence soon to allow their supporters to stand in said section, but for the time being they’ve got a standing section that everyone has to sit in. And because of the barriers it drastically affects the leg room 

• Like 1