Guardian article

6 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Darren Moore seems like a top bloke. Of course I always want managers to succeed at S6, but I would really really love it if DM could guide us back to the championship this season. 

Agreed. Sure if he can stabilise things and get the players that are arguably his squad playing for him then he will be seen as a success. Wish him all the best.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Pieman said:

A good read. Explains the all round capability of Moore. While people point to results last season, during a period he flirted with death, I ask myself if Lewis Hamilton could win a Grand Prix in a XR3i? I am convinced he is the best thing that has happened to this club for a long time. He will build a team here, shaped in his own mould of honesty, courage and belief. It won’t happen from day one as there are teams in this league who have been together for some time. But momentum will build and we will hit a momentum which will take us up and away.

This.

• Like 2

Good read, hopefully the players will run through brick walls for the manager and fans this year. A return to the championship straight away would be a magnificent achievement given the incompetence that has gone on prior over the last few years. 2 more good signings and I'll really start to believe.  

6 minutes ago, Pieman said:

A good read. Explains the all round capability of Moore. While people point to results last season, during a period he flirted with death, I ask myself if Lewis Hamilton could win a Grand Prix in a XR3i? I am convinced he is the best thing that has happened to this club for a long time. He will build a team here, shaped in his own mould of honesty, courage and belief. It won’t happen from day one as there are teams in this league who have been together for some time. But momentum will build and we will hit a momentum which will take us up and away.

Wholeheartly agree with you on what you've just mentioned, But sadly there are some on here that will not give DM the time and patience for him to do the job and get some momentum going at S6.😎

• Like 3

I know no player is going to say anything bad when signing for a new club, but it’s interesting the DMs conversations with the players seems a very important factor in them joining us.

Maybe this time we’ve got it right. Fingers crossed.

• Like 3

Guest Grandad
23 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I ask myself if Lewis Hamilton could win a Grand Prix in a XR3i?

I reckon I could have when I was 19

Not been particularly enamoured by any of our recent managerial posts. Darren Moore however, has instilled in me a sense of confidence. Last season was a bit of a nemesis. This season, I'm sure, will be his bedrock. 

47 minutes ago, Pieman said:

It won’t happen from day one as there are teams in this league who have been together for some time. But momentum will build and we will hit a momentum which will take us up and away.

That reminds me of Ashurst / Toms referring to once we turn the corner, we'll be like a big snowball rolling downhill - nothing will stop it!

I really enjoyed the Guardian article, but noticed "Admittedly, pre-season is often a time when vaulting optimism should be treated with a degree of healthy scepticism", so let's not all throw our toys out of the pram, and sulk when hindsight enables us to have picked a 'better' team, if things do not go well immediatly.

20 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Good article; thanks for sharing.

I'd love to read a national newspaper article which doesn't refer to us as a 'sleeping giant', though. It's been two decades and counting...

Comatose Giant?

Narcoleptic Giant?

Somnambulent Giant?

• Haha 1