Hallam FC 2021/22 season thread

There’s some cracking gates in the non league these days.

Over 2500 at South Shields yesterday (Northern Premier League) and Ilkeston Town (about 7 miles from where I live) got just under 1000, and that’s the division below.

The crowds have definitely improved on average across the board and to be honest I hope it continues. I’ve got time for any non-league set up that runs itself well, which is something I think the clubs feel themselves. All of them seem to help each other when it’s needed. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, g-owls said:

Over 2500 at South Shields yesterday (Northern Premier League) and Ilkeston Town (about 7 miles from where I live) got just under 1000, and that’s the division below.

The crowds have definitely improved on average across the board and to be honest I hope it continues. I’ve got time for any non-league set up that runs itself well, which is something I think the clubs feel themselves. All of them seem to help each other when it’s needed. 

Think Non league games has increased in interest due to things like social media, some clubs are quite skilled using twitter etc.
Also think they have benefitted from people who are football fans but are disillusioned with the professional game.

I hope to go to Hallam on Tuesday, really pleased for them way they have done this season and the crowds they attract.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, BIG D said:

To my shame despite living at Crookes and Stannington all my life I’ve never been to the ground!
Going to try and make the game on Tuesday, am I right in thinking they’re up if they win?

Because of their superior goal difference then a win on Tuesday and they've won the title. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Officially champions, over 1100 there on Saturday! Absolutely brilliant for the players and everyone involved with the club, the atmosphere up there was incredible for a team in the 10th tier. 

As a city our football heritage is something to be so proud of… not used to seeing a team in blue and white lifting a trophy!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

On 27/03/2022 at 18:01, g-owls said:

Ilkeston town are my home town club, after a few dodgy owners, going bankrupt etc. They seem to be on the rise again. I think they are on for promotion as well. That'll be some celebration in ilson I'll be missing.

They have a cracking little ground these days as well and well worth a visit.

Definitely going to go and watch them when I'm back from this little adventure.

Edited by Maddogbob

7 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

Ilkeston town are my home town club, after a few dodgy owners, going bankrupt etc. They seem to be on the rise again. I think they are on for promotion as well. That'll be some celebration in ilson I'll be missing.

They have a cracking little ground these days as well and well worth a visit.

Definitely going to go and watch them when I'm back from this little adventure.

They are three points clear of both Chasetown and Halesowen and have a far better goal difference than both. Four games to go, two at home, two away.

Promotion would be great for them with some decent clubs to visit in the Northern Premier League.

57 minutes ago, g-owls said:

They are three points clear of both Chasetown and Halesowen and have a far better goal difference than both. Four games to go, two at home, two away.

Promotion would be great for them with some decent clubs to visit in the Northern Premier League.

I think that's the level they got to last time before running into money/owner issues.

I remember going to watch them and Daley Thompson was turning out for them (in defence I think).

Know it's been a battle with yeltz (Halesowen) this season and be good to see them go up. Few decent players have come out of the club (Che Adams being one)

250 for Stocksbridge PS v Dunston on Saturday , saw a great 5-2 win which included some terrific goals .

Alright, it wasn't  20k at Hillsborough, but I paid £16 entry for me, the mrs and the young un..that would have been about £75 minimum at S6. 

I also have the knowledge that I'm supporting a real community club , who are very grateful for my custom. 

And, to be honest, the footballs not that bad either. 

38 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

250 for Stocksbridge PS v Dunston on Saturday , saw a great 5-2 win which included some terrific goals .

Alright, it wasn't  20k at Hillsborough, but I paid £16 entry for me, the mrs and the young un..that would have been about £75 minimum at S6. 

I also have the knowledge that I'm supporting a real community club , who are very grateful for my custom. 

And, to be honest, the footballs not that bad either. 

Brill for supporting Stocksbridge and good goal from Josh.

Saturday though at a quick glance no where near £75.

2 hours ago, Waddle93 said:

Brill for supporting Stocksbridge and good goal from Josh.

Saturday though at a quick glance no where near £75.

Sorry, was thinking pay on the gate would be around £30 each for adults and £15 for a junior , I didn't actually check .  

On 04/04/2022 at 00:20, beswetherick said:

Officially champions, over 1100 there on Saturday! Absolutely brilliant for the players and everyone involved with the club, the atmosphere up there was incredible for a team in the 10th tier. 

As a city our football heritage is something to be so proud of… not used to seeing a team in blue and white lifting a trophy!

What division are hallam in now then 

22 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

What division are hallam in now then 

Northern Counties East Football League Premier Division, the 9th tier of the pyramid.

One division below Stocksbridge and Sheffield, although Sheffield might get relegated so the world’s oldest derby could be on next season